Windows remote admin client - new version and site

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
ajf88

Windows remote admin client - new version and site

Post by ajf88 »

Hi all,

Many months ago I made a post announcing my windows client for transmission. With university work out of the way for a while, I've found some time to make some improvements and create a site for the project on google code. I wanted to the code to reach a good level of maturity before I gave it a site outside my own. I use it on almost a daily basis, so I've identified and fixed a number of bugs, and I've had some helpful reports from others which have been acted on. It works well for me. The other day I got a patch sent to me, which is what sparked my interest in it again. :)

As well as the new site, here's a list of the major improvements I can remember:

* Drag and drop support (patch thanks to sitzmar).
* Option to retry a number of times if a request fails.
* Support for 1.40. Different authentication methods are required for 1.2x and 1.40+, but it should be able to differentiate and use the appropriate one automatically.
* The text displayed in older versions would flicker when an update was performed. This has been fixed.
* Created an up-to-date installer. A zip version has only been available the last few months because I lost the script to create the installer.

Here's the new site: http://code.google.com/p/transmission-remote-dotnet/

You'll need a recent Microsoft .NET runtime. Bug reports and patches are welcome. Enjoy!
Last edited by ajf88 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zxsix

Re: Windows remote admin client - new version and site

Post by zxsix »

I haven't used this for very much time.
I must take a moment and thank you for your efforts however.
This will come in quite handy for me as it's functionality is far superior to the clutch web interface.
Most notably in my case, the ability to sort on the columns and the ability to uncheck individual files to keep them from downloading.

One thing that would really help though, would be if there was a "completed" column in addition to the "added" column.
Don't know if that's available in the transmission program at all.
I miss being able to sort on that from when I used to use utorrent.
ajf88

Post by ajf88 »

I just noticed this post after I put the new 3.0 version on google code. Fortunately, this extra column you requested was one of the changes I made in 3.0. :D

There's many other big changes like the new massively improved UI (below) and better stability:

Last edited by ajf88 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
zxsix

Post by zxsix »

All of my previously finished and seeding torrents show UNKNOWN in the completed column.
I assume this field will only populate for any future torrents?
ajf88

Post by ajf88 »

That's correct. There's nothing in the RPC protocol (unless I've missed it) that provides this data so the client remembers what it can.
Pistol

Post by Pistol »

Just wanted to say thanks for this great piece of software! I run Transmission headless on my NSLU2, but due to the limited control through the web UI there were still times when I needed a bittorrent client on my PC. Not any more!