I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
Monitor.app
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:01 pm

I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Postby Monitor.app » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Here's the link: https://rnelson.xyz/apps/monitor-for-transmission

Thank you.

A 1.0.2 version is pending approval, here's the changelog:
- Another (somewhat) less ugly icon
- Fixed a bug that prevented user preferences to be saved
- You can now swipe left on a download to delete/pause/resume it
- Download errors now show
- ETA doesn't show anymore when the download is finised
- Smaller Bugs squashed
- Aesthetic improvements

Sorry for the existing icon, here's the new one:
Image

triage
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:58 am

Re: I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Postby triage » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:01 am

App works great, thank you and well done!

What are your plans for it? New features? Monetisation?

Cheers.

Monitor.app
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Postby Monitor.app » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:11 pm

triage wrote:App works great, thank you and well done!

What are your plans for it? New features? Monetisation?

Cheers.


Hi. I plan to add queue priority management and download settings (including trackers and files and folders)
Last edited by Monitor.app on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

meego
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Re: I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Postby meego » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:48 pm

hi Rui,

The app works great and it's been great seeing the pace of updates these last days. Thanks a lot for freely sharing this with us. :)
Would love to pitch you a few €€ if you put up a donation link or make the app non-free on the store.

A small feature suggestion : sorting torrents by groups

Cheers

Monitor.app
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Postby Monitor.app » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:16 pm

meego wrote:hi Rui,

The app works great and it's been great seeing the pace of updates these last days. Thanks a lot for freely sharing this with us. :)
Would love to pitch you a few €€ if you put up a donation link or make the app non-free on the store.


OK

A small feature suggestion : sorting torrents by groups

Cheers


Could you explain? Like adding them a tag/color? Please check if you're with the latest version (2.0.0)
Last edited by Monitor.app on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

meego
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Re: I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Postby meego » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:01 pm

Monitor.app wrote:
meego wrote:hi Rui,

A small feature suggestion : sorting torrents by groups

Cheers


Could you explain? Like adding them a tag/color? Please check if you're with the latest version (2.0.0)


Yes, exactly that.

Image

In my case, i use Transmission's Groups to group torrents by tracker.

Monitor.app
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Postby Monitor.app » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:56 am

meego wrote:
Monitor.app wrote:
meego wrote:hi Rui,



Could you explain? Like adding them a tag/color? Please check if you're with the latest version (2.0.0)


Yes, exactly that.

Image

In my case, i use Transmission's Groups to group torrents by tracker.


Ok, I'm going to plan it.

But mind you that those tags are client-only, meaning they won't sync with Monitor.

meego
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Re: I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Postby meego » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Monitor.app wrote:
meego wrote:
Monitor.app wrote:


[...]

Ok, I'm going to plan it.

But mind you that those tags are client-only, meaning they won't sync with Monitor.


Ah indeed. Forget it then, doesn't seem worth the trouble. Thanks the open ear though :)

payeco
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:38 am

Re: I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Postby payeco » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:07 am

Could you change the way in which servers/hosts are added? I use a reverse proxy on the server that hosts my Transmission client so I don't have to open up ports to the outside. i.e. I can go mydomain.com/transmission in my browser and it'll connect me. Adding the /transmission to the custom path does not work in this type of situation. The path really needs to be in the hostname so the only change that you would need to make is to allow paths in the hostname/IP input field. I can just set the port to port 80 manually in the port input field.

Monitor.app
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Postby Monitor.app » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:09 am

payeco wrote:Could you change the way in which servers/hosts are added? I use a reverse proxy on the server that hosts my Transmission client so I don't have to open up ports to the outside. i.e. I can go mydomain.com/transmission in my browser and it'll connect me. Adding the /transmission to the custom path does not work in this type of situation. The path really needs to be in the hostname so the only change that you would need to make is to allow paths in the hostname/IP input field. I can just set the port to port 80 manually in the port input field.


Hi.

The path is the RPC path, not the WebUI path

Try with /transmission/rpc path to see if it works. It should.

payeco
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:38 am

Re: I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Postby payeco » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:30 am

Monitor.app wrote:
Hi.

The path is the RPC path, not the WebUI path

Try with /transmission/rpc path to see if it works. It should.


I know this connects to the RPC path but that method won't work. The path has to be in the hostname and the way you have it set now paths can not be added to the hostname. When my server sees traffic to mydomain.com/transmission it redirects that traffic to <myserverip>:9091. The way you should probably is add servers is not having separate fields for hostnames/IPs and ports. Ideally they should all all just be added in the same field. If someone is using a custom port it would just be added in the hostname field as <serverip>:xxxx. (i.e. 192.168.0.23:9595). That way you can also allow people using reverse proxies to add them. Typically with apps like this that is how it works.

Monitor.app
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Postby Monitor.app » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:36 am

payeco wrote:
Monitor.app wrote:
Hi.

The path is the RPC path, not the WebUI path

Try with /transmission/rpc path to see if it works. It should.


I know this connects to the RPC path but that method won't work. The path has to be in the hostname and the way you have it set now paths can not be added to the hostname. When my server sees traffic to mydomain.com/transmission it redirects that traffic to <myserverip>:9091. The way you should probably is add servers is not having separate fields for hostnames/IPs and ports. Ideally they should all all just be added in the same field. If someone is using a custom port it would just be added in the hostname field as <serverip>:xxxx. (i.e. 192.168.0.23:9595). That way you can also allow people using reverse proxies to add them. Typically with apps like this that is how it works.


http://mydomain.com is the same thing as http://mymydomain.com:80

And https://mydomain.com is the same thing as https://mydomain.com:443

All HTTP traffic is TCP, and all TCP traffic has a port, just because you don't specify the port, doesn't mean there's no port. The default port for HTTP is 80 and HTTPS is 443. ;)

Try http://www.google.com:80 for example...

desimaniac
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:22 am

Re: I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Postby desimaniac » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:26 am

I think it still hasn't been approved yet....
Image
Also would like to request the ability to save downloaded files into the iOS device.

Regards.


Update: working now... looks like the price was being updated.

mariad_10
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:11 am

Re: I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Postby mariad_10 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:30 am

Will download the app today for sure, and check how it works.

Monitor.app
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Re: I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Postby Monitor.app » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:18 pm

desimaniac wrote:I think it still hasn't been approved yet....
Image
Also would like to request the ability to save downloaded files into the iOS device.


Hello, that's one possibility that I ruled out. Please use another App for downloading the files to your iOS device, I suggest Transmit by Panic!, Documents5 by Reedle or Infuse by Firecore.

If you want to return your App, please do it at https://reportaproblem.apple.com

mariad_10 wrote:Will download the app today for sure, and check how it works.


Thank you!


Return to “General”