Unrar/unzip and manage your torrents with just one script

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
addictedtoscreens

Unrar/unzip and manage your torrents with just one script

Post by addictedtoscreens »

Hi
I never found a transmission unrar script that fully suited my needs. That's why I tried to write my own script.
One thing led to another, my script is now a multipurpose tool

http://code.google.com/p/torrentexpander/

I admit, it's huge for a bash script and it lacks polishing, but it seems to work reliably.
Torrentexpander can be launched as a daemon by the Transmission torrent client
It can also be run manually : in that case you'll get a basic GUI that will enable you to choose a torrent file or folder and the destination where it should be expanded
It can expand rar archives (including multipart) and zip archives, but it can also manage many audio and video files. It can also solve numbering issues on TV series and cleanup filenames. It also has the ability to move TV series / movies / music files to a folder of your choice.
On Ubuntu and Debian, it can interact with third party apps like ccd2iso (to convert IMG to ISO) and mkvdts2ac3 (to convert a DTS track from a MKV into an AC3 track)

I truly hope you'll like it

Addictedtoscreens
mcmanuf

Re: Unrar/unzip and manage your torrents with just one scrip

Post by mcmanuf »

Hello.

I am looking at your script.. It seems very promising!!!

I would reall need two requests.

1.) Expand RAR/ZIPS in the same folder at downloaded!
Ex. /usb1/FilmA/file.rar, file.r01 ... into /usb1/FilmA/file.avi

2.) Delete RAR/ZIP files after succesfull unrar/unzip.
addictedtoscreens

Hi mcmanuf
Thanks for your input
Since the beginning I had a non destructive approach in mind, as I mostly use private trackers
I'll add this to my todo list, but with a slightly different approach :
- I've ofter seen rar archives containing another rar archive with exactly the same name, so I prefer to keep using another directory for the whole unrar process.
- If you delete torrent data in Transmission, who knows what will be deleted. I could add a suffix to the expanded directory's name, like _expanded or _processed, so Transmission couldn't delete it
- I won't be keeping the whole directory structure, just one directory with all the files in it (if the torrent contains just one file) or just the file itself. I don't see the point of having a bunch of subdirectories, especially if the subs have their own directory.

It seems fairly simple to do, just a matter of adding one setting, switching from cp to mv, and removing one of the checks in the beginning of the script.

I'll post on this forum as soon as this functionality is implemented.
addictedtoscreens

Hello
As promised, I just released a new update of my script (v0.15), with the features requested by McManuf, along with a bunch of new enhancements.
It can be downloaded there
http://code.google.com/p/torrentexpander/downloads/list

Addictedtoscreens
killemov

Post by killemov »

You might want to refactor your regexps and use some meaningful names for them.

I guess that a lot of conditions / test could be lumped into a smaller number of variables.

Have you searched for a simple case conversion routine?
For example:
sed 's/\(.*\)/\L\1/'
sed 's/\(.*\)/\U\1/'
addictedtoscreens

Hi
The reason why I had to chain a bunch of old school regexp (a to A, b to B, etc...) instead of using a modern case conversion technique was to make sure it worked on most platforms.
Mac OS X doesn't have GNU SED and the version of SED currently installed is buggy. I could shorten most of these routines but it would mean writing platform specific ones, and I can only test a handful of platforms. I decided to choose compatibility over speed.
I'll try to document my sed routines a little bit more in the next build.

Thanks for your input

Addictedtoscreens
ZaPHoN

Post by ZaPHoN »

I've been trying torrent expander but I can't get it to work properly.

Right now I have transmission saving incomplete torrents in a local directory. Completed torrents in another. I have torrent expander pointed at the completed directory but it seems that torrent expander gets triggered because transmission is moving one completed rar file at a time to the completed directory instead of waiting until the entire torrent is finished.

Torrent expander tries to unpack the partially moved archive and transmission throws an error because I'm using destructive mode in torrentexpander. I have to use destructive mode because my source never has peers so ratio will never be triggered.
globalrebel

Post by globalrebel »

I too would like to install this on my Synology DS212j, but I'm afraid it would cause problems. I have FlexGet working properly with Transmission. But, I can't find anyone who has installed this program on the Synology system that has gotten it to work. :(