Multiple scripts

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
ZaPHoN

Multiple scripts

Post by ZaPHoN »

Can I use two scripts in transmission daemon?

My problem is with torrentexpander... It works great but because I'm using the transmission frontend set as a startup program so I have the ability to move a torrent when completed, torrents don't get removed from transmission-daemon since it's not installed.

My thought was to install transmission-daemon with this script viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10364 Unrar and cleanup script - UPDATE 2011.10.24 along with torrent expander but I'n not sure how they will impact each other.

Basically I don't have to worry about seeding anything from this source because a torrent will sit there forever with no peers to leech.

I need to load torrent from watch dir, stop seeding when complete, move when completed, unpack and delete archive, rename, move to NAS.

Transmission-daemon as far as I can see can't move completed torrents to new directory so I can invoke torrentexpander but the front can. But, in the front end torrent expander can't remove the torrent from transmission front end.
blacke4dawn

Re: Multiple scripts

Post by blacke4dawn »

Of course transmission-daemon can move a torrent's data to a new folder, just issue:

Code: Select all

transmission-remote -t<id> --move <new dir>
If you are talking about using an "incomplete dir" for holding torrents that are being downloaded then the daemon can use that as well.

Outside of those I don't know why you would think the daemon wouldn't be able to move torrents.

As for the scripts, it can't start two different scripts by itself but you can write a third one that transmission starts, and that one starts the first two. I'm not sure how you intend to use the two scripts so can't go into details.