Making a donation without PayPal

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
annihilating_rhythm

Making a donation without PayPal

Post by annihilating_rhythm »

Hi,

And first of all, let me say: Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had (or "is having", for those in other time zones) a wonderful Christmas day.

In a festive spirit I decided it was finally time to donate something to the Transmission project. However, I recently closed my PayPal account owing to ongoing poor service and will not be opening a new account. Assuming I don't know anyone with a PayPal account, and assuming also that I can't contribute in a more technical fashion (translations etc.), how else can I make a cash donation to the project?
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Re: Making a donation without PayPal

Post by Jordan »

Thanks for using Transmission!

We're not really set up for taking in cash. I'm pretty sure that you can use a Credit Card to send a payment through PayPal, though.
annihilating_rhythm

Post by annihilating_rhythm »

I'm pretty sure that you can use a Credit Card to send a payment through PayPal, though.
Aha, I just clicked the Donation button again and this time I was presented with such an option. Previously, I only saw a page asking me to sign in to an account. Donation coming forthwith.

Best wishes for the New Year!

AR
norlin

Post by norlin »

Hi,

As I see, PayPal is still the only way to make a donation.

But there is a problem: PayPal now asking for lot of personal data, including my ID number and so on. I don't want to accept this way they works.
So, I can't make a donation, but I can't just set check box "Dont bother me with it" in Transmission app...

Is there any other option? Bitcoin, Credit Card, Wire transfer, anything?