transmission on raspberry pi

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
timl

transmission on raspberry pi

Post by timl »

Hi, I run transmission 2.72 on a Pi - Pidora.

I have problems where the Pi locks up when downloading. My theory is that there is a transfer issue between ethernet and external USB HDD. One suggestion is to download to the SD card in the Pi. This is not immediately practical as I have far too much data for an SD card.

Looking at edit->preferences->downloading under transmission I have specified the location to use for downloads (and therefore uploads). Is there anywhere I can specify different download/upload locations? EG. download to SD card, upload from HDD?

Regards
blacke4dawn

Re: transmission on raspberry pi

Post by blacke4dawn »

x190 wrote:You could download to the SD card and then have Transmission's 'script-torrent-done' feature (in settings.json) move the data to the HDD for seeding.
It would be easier to just set the "normal" download location on the HDD and then setting the "incomplete folder" location on the SD card.

@timl
The incomplete-folder option is an "extra" folder used during the download portion, so that you can have full separation between the torrents that are downloading and seeding.
timl

Post by timl »

thanks. The incomplete folder suggestion seems like the way to go.

I tried it with a very small file 12MB. I'll see how it goes as the files get larger.

Thanks again
rmrodrigues

Post by rmrodrigues »

Hi there,

@timl
As you are using the "script-torrent-done", the below link can be useful:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14953

Best,

RMRodrigues