Need to Compile Transmission To Change The Cache Size

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
CoMb0BrEaKeR

Need to Compile Transmission To Change The Cache Size

Post by CoMb0BrEaKeR »

Recently I upgraded to FIOS quantum 100 megabit package. Ever since the upgrade transfers in Transmission under OSx have been very erratic with great swings in the speed of the transfers. The torrents have plenty of seeds and I have confirmed that if I slow the speed of my connection down to under 40 megabit the transfers will stay steady. I tried a anoretic test with a different torrent client on my Windows Box and the transfers were fine.

I have read on other threads that changing the Transmission cache size with the Line 62 DEFAULT_CACHE_SIZE_MB = command in xCode I could compile a new copy with a higher cache settings. Unfortunitly I am having great difficulty in getting xCode to complete my Application. It seems to be an Issue with either the version of x-code or the operating system I am using.

What is the best way to compile a copy of Transmission with the higher cache size? I am running 10.10 but I can build a VM that has any os or version of x-Code.
CoMb0BrEaKeR

Re: Need to Compile Transmission To Change The Cache Size

Post by CoMb0BrEaKeR »

So I was able to build the app and it took a while to actually find where it was after Xcode built it! Was in my library folder in the Debug folder under xCode.

I set the Cache to 64mb and it was working great. Got nice consistent speeds and maxed out my connection. I can see the speed drop slightly when it seems the cache fills and it's all written to disk but its way faster now.

But now the App is unstable. It will work for a few minutes and then crash. below is some of the log. Did I build the app wrong or move files around? Seems to be looking for a file on the desktop from the project? Got a few errors build the build so not sure is that was the issue either.

Process: Transmission [55530]
Path: /Applications/Transmission.app/Contents/MacOS/Transmission
Identifier: org.m0k.transmission
Version: 2.84+ (14469)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Transmission [55530]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2015-02-04 12:09:41.461 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.1 (14B25)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID:

Time Awake Since Boot: 740000 seconds

Crashed Thread: 2

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
Assertion failed: (!tr_peerIsSeed (&msgs->peer)), function tr_peerMsgsCalculateActive, file /Users/mediaserver/Desktop/Transmission/libtransmission/peer-msgs.c, line 707.
cfpp2p

Post by cfpp2p »

known bug: not your fault ------->>>>>> :( :( :( https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/5505

x190 has a working patch he can give you 8-) :D
CoMb0BrEaKeR

Post by CoMb0BrEaKeR »

Hmm. The regular client works fine, only the one I built from xCode crashes.
basecase

Post by basecase »

Ah. Thanks x190
Yup. Asserts are compiled out for the release version.
I was wondering why peer-msgs.c kept crashing from the assert.