Transmission ignores remote settings change

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
fandangles

Transmission ignores remote settings change

Post by fandangles »

G'day I am new here. Using Transmission remote gui linked to Transmission on a QNAP and tried to lock some of the settings down but they seem to be ignored.

Use alternate bandwidth settings: On
Apply alternate bandwidth settings automatically: On (from 2am to 8am)
Maximum download speed: 50KB/s
Maximum upload speed 5KB/s
Download Queue Size: 1
Upload Queue Size: 1

My global settings are the same.

The problem seems to be that the settings are ignored and there are 5 downloads going at once at whatever speed the connection can get?
fandangles

Re: Transmission ignores remote settings change

Post by fandangles »

So what you mean is, the gui might tell the daemon what to do but like a bad woman, the daemon will blithely ignore it??

I set all the limits in the gui and *hope* that the daemon will use them but no, sounds like my daughter (hehehehe).

Problem is that I use the gui because I don't necessarily understand the options in the config file and the gui made it seem like 'English".

Wish me luck, I'll have a go.
fandangles

Re: Transmission ignores remote settings change

Post by fandangles »

Haven't had time to do much lately, busy designing a recipe manager.

Printed out the documentation for Transmission's web interface and 'hope' I understand which settings to edit. Mainly just want to make sure that it follows my offpeak settings and only downloads one at a time. Fingers crossed.

Does anyone know of a remote gui that *can* make the settings stick without me having to do it manually and stuff it up?