I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
bicklp

Re: I made a GUI for Transmission for iOS and it has arrived to the AppStore

Post by bicklp »

Good news

I’m still using the app as I bought it so can still get it from my purchased apps.

Keep us up to date with any release info
Will it be up on GitHub?

Cheers
dylnaad

Post by dylnaad »

Thanks for the interest!

I will try to work on it as much as I can. In the meantime if any of you have any must-have features that the app should have, I would love to hear them.

For now it is on a private repository on Bitbucket, when I have the first working version with some basic functionality I'll make it public.
NotANumber

Post by NotANumber »

dylnaad wrote:I will try to work on it as much as I can. In the meantime if any of you have any must-have features that the app should have, I would love to hear them.
Well, as a paid customer of Monitor for Transmission I was quite happy that it still does work until now, even on the newest devices and latest iOS versions. Unfortunately, when I changed my Transmission configuration to a connection using SSL for also being able to use it secured remotely I was quite surprised that Monitor didn’t work that way. And while it does look like it would support SSL it just hangs after entering the correct (and well verified) data. So yes, besides the usual suspects for using Transmission comfortably (starting a download via a magnet link in Safari, deleting downloads, changing the speed etc.) via iOS it would be very much welcome to also being able to use it via SSL.
For now it is on a private repository on Bitbucket, when I have the first working version with some basic functionality I'll make it public.
This is great news! Some of us are really really happy about such an announcement as you can imagine. Please let us participate as early as possible (just drop me a private message if you prefer).

I’m hugely disappointed about the complete disappearance of Rui Carneiro as he seems to have wanted to fully support his fine little app and then decided otherwise after the imbeciles at Apple pulled the plug. The help files as well as his website just vanished. But why on earth not releasing the source code at least to those of us who paid for the app? Well, his account on GitHub (https://github.com/RuiCarneiro) still exists so there might remain some hope.
Scorpys

Post by Scorpys »

great news ! thanks dylnaad
Nullios

Post by Nullios »

Hi guys! I apologize for my English, but I have good news. The source code for the transshift application is available on github.
https://github.com/alcheck/transshift
Works fine, though not for long. Is it possible to install it bypassing the appstore?

Can someone have the opportunity to put the program on https://rink.hockeyapp.net, as a beta version?
meego

Post by meego »

Awesome. I wasn't aware of this new project.

Yes, you can build & install that app on your iOS devices.

You'll need Xcode — which will have a learning curve if you're not used to it or IDEs in general — and a 99 USD/yr Apple Developper Account to sign the app.

If you're lucky, it's just a matter of :
- signing up for the Apple Developper Account
- creating an app ID for your app
- downloading Xcode
- open source .xcodeproj file in Xcode, put app ID in settings
- hopefully latest versions of Xcode can automatically generate & fetch the certificates/provisioning profiles to sign the app
- connect device by USB, select it, press "play" button an off you go !
Nullios

Post by Nullios »

Yes, but there are problems. Not everyone has an apple computer, and not everyone can afford to pay $ 99 a year for the sake of one program
Nullios

Post by Nullios »

need a setup guide without having a developer account and an apple computer
meego

Post by meego »

Just seen your suggestion of using a HockeyApp distribution. Trouble is, such a build would not be valid for very long. It's 90 days with Testflight, up to a year w/ Hockey probably.
Nullios

Post by Nullios »

If put through xcode, without a developer account, then the application will work for about 7 days. It's better to reinstall the application every 90 days than every 7
Nullios

Post by Nullios »

There are sites that put programs on the iphone, like https://appvalley.vip, maybe the installation of transshift can be arranged in this way?
VirtualBrown

Post by VirtualBrown »

This is very exciting! Can’t wait to use the new app.

I download my unofficial apps from the BuildStore (https://builds.io) it must be similar to appvally where they take care of signing the app so the user doesn’t need to worry about it.

Let us know when you’ve got a distribution method working :)
perkoxcar

Post by perkoxcar »

Hello,

I have been struggling really hard to get this Transshift app compiled to ipa without a developer account.
Now I have a working .ipa file which can be imported with Cydia Impactor (no jailbreak needed).
I have tested the app and I can say that it is very good but one major feature is missing - you can download only to default download directory.
So if anyone knows how and has time, would be nice if directories were added.

Here is the link to ipa.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vj49udrfcmc91 ... t.ipa?dl=0
class5vapor

Post by class5vapor »

any idea why I can't install this ipa file in iOS 12.4?
I'm jailbroken and can normally install ipa files via an app/tweak called Filza. It has a native "install" function for ipa files...in this instance it simply reports "failed".

Thoughts?

=]

-Larry
Spyderz

Post by Spyderz »

Hey all I would be willing to help out others looking for an iOS native app. If we can get the source code for a working transmission remote I know a little bit about Xcode and would be willing to pony up for an Apple dev account. Hopefully we can get something rolling.