implement accounts #feedback #donation #idea

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
cregox

implement accounts #feedback #donation #idea

Post by cregox »

it hasn't been 1 month I've donated U$5 and I was asked to do it again, even though I'm not using it and I hardly used it through the past 3 to 5 years. I may have used it more in the past, part of the reason why I donated. don't even remember. another part is I'm a developer as well, and I appreciate the effort put in this. it's very well done.

but I never could capitalize on being a programmer. my average annual income must be below U$10k, if that high. so I can't keep contributing or make any substantial financial investments. I have got to save as much as possible.

still, that doesn't mean I don't want to "ever be bugged again" about donating. I just think it was asking too much of me.

so here's a random idea from someone who has no clue on how it would impact your income...

> let users sign in to an account. please use oauth or something alike!

who chooses to sign up is already giving you some valuable data, so you can already either stop asking them for donations or only ask based on some bayesian or "ai" algorithm, from time to time. if I was to be reminded in a time I'm with a very positive bank account, I'd sure consider donating another 5 bucks.

just a random place marker image, which kinda reflects the cuckoo #idea! :D