Ubuntu PPA updated to 3.00

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
BalleClorin

Ubuntu PPA updated to 3.00

Post by BalleClorin »

I have just updated the PPA on https://launchpad.net/~transmissionbt/+ ... ubuntu/ppa to 3.00 for Focal, builds for other Ubuntu releases will be added later. NB! I have not been able to test the GTK and QT clients yet, but at least the daemon and the web interface seems to work. Please report here if you find any errors.
I will rebase the builds on the official Debian/Ubuntu packages once they're out.

Andreas

PS: I do not have access to update the thread linked to on the download page.
josephj

Re: Ubuntu PPA updated to 3.00

Post by josephj »

Cool! It's been awhile since 2.94. Where do I find 3.0 release notes. The Ubuntu link takes me to a very old thread.
BalleClorin

Post by BalleClorin »

There are links to the release notes on the front page of transmissionbt.com
josephj

Post by josephj »

Wow! That's a lot of work accomplished in the current release. Thank you for maintaining this great project.

I have been an active user for over a decade - based on when I joined this forum

I'm not much of a C programmer, but I just cloned the source and I'm going to try a few tiny mods. Probably nothing that will get submitted back to the project.

I have my pet peeves with Transmission, but, overall, it's an outstanding project. AFAIK, it's the only client that allows you to monitor (properties) multiple torrents simultaneously.

If you have a mechanism in place, I'd be happy to send a few dollars or satoshis your way for your efforts. Thank you.
BalleClorin

Post by BalleClorin »

There's a paypal link on the front page (bottom left) if you wish to make a donation to the developers.
Please note: I am not one of the developers and do not speak on their behalf, I merely maintain the Ubuntu PPA.
BeatriceFleming

Post by BeatriceFleming »

BalleClorin wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:28 am There's a paypal link on the front page (bottom left) if you wish to make a donation to the developers.
Please note: I am not one of the developers and do not speak on their behalf, I merely maintain the Ubuntu PPA.
hello, BalleClorin
i want to donate to the developer what should i do any idea????
plz let me know
BalleClorin

Post by BalleClorin »

lusses

Post by lusses »

@BalleClorin: Error Link!
ArnoSavard

Post by ArnoSavard »

lusses wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:12 am @BalleClorin: Error Link!
Yeah, that is true, check the link please