Charles wrote:People are still asking me about the status of this project, and seem confused about it. I posted about this downthread, but since people didn't see it there I'm wedging my post in here at the top.
(1) The Transmission team is coordinating with Spry and happily accepting portability patches from him, but for the time being this is an unsupported third-party project, much like the Web UI was before it was folded into Transmission in 1.30. To avoid confusion, it probably shouldn't bear the name "Transmission" at this point.
(2) So far this is just the daemon + clutch, and not a full-fledged GUI. Spry is working on that though.
(3) Although this sounds like we're trying to distance Spry's work from Transmission, it's more that I don't want people to be confused and start sending Windows bug reports to the Transmission team. Transmission is long overdue for a Windows port, and I hope this project does well.
BETA1 released (1.40-r169-r7132)
Transmission original tools
Currently there products are ported to or created for Windows platform:
- Transmission original tools, transmission-daemon, transmission-remote and transmission-cli, version 1.34+ r6950
- Transmission WinDaemon, an tray icon server with embedded Web interface, just like transmission-daemon, version 1.34+ r6950
Binaries and source code can be obtained at https://sourceforge.net/projects/wintransmission/
These are still an early alpha builds, based on 1.34+ version of Transmission. I'd be very glad to receive your feedbacks and bugreports!
Currently only en-US and ru-RU interface cultures are supported.