Native iPhone app for remote managing Transmission developed

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
P-development

Native iPhone app for remote managing Transmission developed

Post by P-development »

Hi guys,

I recently developed a native iPhone app for remote managing your Transmission transfers on your iPhone / iPod Touch. You can use it to start/stop/view your current downloads, but it also has a built-in browser you can use to download torrent files and send them to your Tranmission client. This makes it possible to start new transfers from your iPhone / iPod Touch, wherever you are!

iGear is currently pending for review, and will be available in the AppStore as soon as Apple approves it. I hope you like it.

Here's a screenshot:

For more information visit the iGear support page: http://p-development.nl/software/igear.

Offcourse any feedback and feature requests are more then welcome.
Taco

Re: Native iPhone app for remote managing Transmission developed

Post by Taco »

I want it now O:<
Waldorf

Post by Waldorf »

Looking good! Good luck with the review process!

On the other hand, if you have some suggestions/feedback on the rpc, it's greatly appreciated! Just join the Transmission irc channel.
Gimp
Web Interface Developer

Post by Gimp »

Hey, wow, glad someone did it. I was looking into doing this myself but you beat me to it. Any chance of you making it open source so others can add to it? This is the kind of thing that could make it into the transmission svn repository if its polished enough.
redcritic

Post by redcritic »

Thank you!

Hope it goes through the review. I currently have Transmission's Web Interface on the Homescreen and I have been wishing that it could do so much more...

Also, hope it does not have Ads.

Also not cost more than 99c. Or maybe $1.99, but only if half goes to the Transmission Development Team

keeping my fingers crossed on all those...
aleph

Post by aleph »

I am so incredibly looking forward to this. Any word on pricing/advertisements? I would be happy to pay but I don't think I would use an ad supported version.

I don't see a turtle button, my one request would be to have speed limiting easily accessible.
Also have you built an inspector?
nine7oh

Post by nine7oh »

this would be amazing
zxsix

Post by zxsix »

It's been a while. Still not on the app store. How long does it take to get apps posted there?
Has apple declined to distribute it or are they just dragging their feet?
rb338

Post by rb338 »

Couldn't you post the .ipa for those who'd like to check it out? (such as myself :) )
bollywood

Post by bollywood »

zxsix wrote:It's been a while. Still not on the app store. How long does it take to get apps posted there?
Has apple declined to distribute it or are they just dragging their feet?
it took 3 months!!!! for one of my app to get accepted. :cry:
Zeridox

Post by Zeridox »

That looks awesome.

But you know.

an idea that would be money in the bag could be a RSS manager that automaticly downloaded torrents and uploaded them to the server transmission is running on.
Im currently own a NAS that have some problems compiling a working application on any good RSS-parser.
I mean I leave my phone on all night so it can run an app, it might last during a night, I've left apps on before.

Those who jailbreak might want to run this is the background.

I would LOVE to have a RSSparser upload torrents to my headless server.
P-development

Post by P-development »

Unfortunately, the review process isn't going as smooth as it was meant to be. It's been about 2 months now since it's in review, but haven't heard anything about it. Sent a few mails about it, but never got a reply either.

I did however got an email saying "the review process is requiring unexpected additional time for review". This often means they don't want to accept it, but don't have a real reason the decline it :(

So for now there's nothing to it then waiting.
zxsix

Post by zxsix »

at what point would you opt to release it via cydia and use paypal if you wish to charge for it?
John Clay
Transmission Project

Post by John Clay »

P-development wrote:Unfortunately, the review process isn't going as smooth as it was meant to be. It's been about 2 months now since it's in review, but haven't heard anything about it. Sent a few mails about it, but never got a reply either.

I did however got an email saying "the review process is requiring unexpected additional time for review". This often means they don't want to accept it, but don't have a real reason the decline it :(

So for now there's nothing to it then waiting.

Would you be willing to consider an Ad-Hoc distribution for a limited number of external testers?
merlyn3d

Post by merlyn3d »

I would be pissed if Apple declined this app. Seriously, there's no good reason why it shouldn't be in the store; I'm very much looking forward to it.

Would you be open to ad-hoc distribution for us to beta test?