Transmission 1.50 Beta 2

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
spamer

Re: Transmission 1.50 Beta 2

Post by spamer »

Hi.
I'm runing daemon on debian server and using web interface.
I thought that uploaded Mb's are not correct, but tracker reports the same upload size as 1.50b2 in inspector panel. I can't confirm rate/speed display, but it seems to be more/less accurate.

Tested user/pass, rpc-whitelist...everything seems fine for me in this beta.

regards
Michelasso

Post by Michelasso »

Hi there. Here the setup:

- OSX 10.5.6
- Teredo/Miredo (the prerelease 2, the only one available)
- Transmission 1.50b2 (7729)

If I have the Teredo Tunnel enabled in the info window selecting peers I get something like this:

Total seeders '0
Total leechers 1 (to 3)
Total downloads 0

And the download never starts unless I have already some peers in the cache. Pausing the transfer, disabling teredo and then starting the transfer again the situation goes back to normal.

The announcements and scrapes (whatever they are) are reported as successful. Still it looks like it wants to use IPv6 first, being successful contacting the servers but not getting the info. I wonder if my tracker is using IPv6? Still, I don't know much about it. It could just be a bug.

Another question: if a peer connection is not successful using IPv4, does Transmission try to use IPv6? That would be useful to bypass filters some ISP are putting in site. It's not clear to me if my ISP is doing so. I just know my connection is natted by the ISP. Transmission gives a stealth port but I managed to get the green light with the new uTorrent for Mac (don't worry, I much prefer Transmission! :-)

PS: anyway it seems pretty fast for my 1.4Mbps connection. I am downoading a couple of files and I have 50-80% bandwidth.
nakzo

Post by nakzo »

I'm still getting "Error: Tracker returned a 4xx message" and "Tracker request failed. Got HTTP Status Code 404 (Not Found)."
Problem is not specific to torrents or websites, it's happening with a variety of torrents.
kevku

Post by kevku »

using 1.60-0ubuntu0~jaunty0~svn7767
tr1374.png
tr1374.png (148.23 KiB) Viewed 12072 times
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

kevku wrote:using 1.60-0ubuntu0~jaunty0~svn7767
tr1374.png
I don't understand the question. You haven't told it to ignore unencrypted peers, and it's not ignoring them.
eisa01

Post by eisa01 »

^
I don't see any problems in the screenshot. Transmission is connecting to unencrypted peers, since you haven't checked the "Ignore unencrypted peers option"

edit: Ah, beaten..
Michelasso

Post by Michelasso »

Michelasso wrote:Hi there. Here the setup:

- OSX 10.5.6
- Teredo/Miredo (the prerelease 2, the only one available)
- Transmission 1.50b2 (7729)

If I have the Teredo Tunnel enabled in the info window selecting peers I get something like this:

Total seeders '0
Total leechers 1 (to 3)
Total downloads 0

And the download never starts unless I have already some peers in the cache. Pausing the transfer, disabling teredo and then starting the transfer again the situation goes back to normal.
Funny. Now it works. Teredo was enabled and Transmission got all seeders and leechers.

Anyway, should it show any IPv6 address in the info peers window? I have a file that has many transfers from utorrent 1.81 clients (which should use IPv6 as well, shouldn't it?) but I only get regular IPv4 addresses. Any idea anyone?
Last edited by Michelasso on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevku

Post by kevku »

Jordan wrote:
kevku wrote:using 1.60-0ubuntu0~jaunty0~svn7767
tr1374.png
I don't understand the question. You haven't told it to ignore unencrypted peers, and it's not ignoring them.
k I really dont understand the sentence "ignore unencrypted peers".. as in "ignore their connections" or "ignore the fact that they are unencrypetd" ? can't you have a more plain box like "allow unencrypted peers"

E: k yes I did laugh after I read my post, but ever since I have been using Transmission (from around version 0.9), I have always thought that when the box is checked it means allow unencryped peers.
naddy

Post by naddy »

At least the GTK client doesn't listen on IPv6 for the RPC interface, only for peer connections.
brisvegas1

Post by brisvegas1 »

I have a problem that has persisted over the last 2 versions and is in the current beta (1.50 Beta2) - a gradual slowdown and ignoring or being ignored by available peers.

My transmission daemon (on ubuntu hardy) when first executed will connect to a wide variety of peers and get good download speed. However, over a period of 12 hours or so the download speeds will slow and the daemon will not connect to some peers (the tracker reports that they exist, but no connection is made).

If I kill the daemon and start up a new instance - download speeds will go back up and the peers will be connected to.

I haven't seen any identifiable pattern with torrent usage to see if this problem is related to downloading many torrents, long running torrents, ratio of peers/leeches etc.

I tend to run with blocklists enabled, peer exchange enabled and encryption tolerated. Doesn't seem to make a difference if I change any or all of those options.
Debu

Post by Debu »

I've had 1.50b2 up now for about a day now with no problems.

It feels like 7713 was a bit faster to connect to peers, but the 1.50b2 connects fast enough for me. I haven't done any comparison tests -- it's just an impression.

Thanks to your efforts, Transmission has really come a long way!

[now if I can just find all the missing smilies on this forum...] :grin: <grin>
KingJulian

Post by KingJulian »

1.50 Beta 2 on my mac (macbook), kind of dumps my router (apple airport express), it periodicly stop passing the trafic. if i stop transmission amd wait a little - internet starts to work again.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

Topic locked - beta 3 is out.