over extended progress bars (no pause /inspect buttons)

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
twinkerzzz

over extended progress bars (no pause /inspect buttons)

Post by twinkerzzz »

Hi
2 issues in fact:

1. Is there any reason i get the usual fintite length progress bar with individual pause and inspect buttons on right side but then if i close and re-open Transmission later im only getting progress bars of seeming infinite length and no pause and inpsect button ?
Seems to me arbitary too. Sometimes if i leave it over night and try again, it opens with the the usual progress bars and sometimes with infinite progress bars.

2. I'm finding that Transmission is fantastic on a fresh launch at connecting with peers. But if i pause it and start it over a succession of days (all the while leaving it open) it eventually becomes very slow at connecting with peers and it's better to close it and re-open it - Is this good / right / an improvment ??

I'm using Transmission 1.42 (7494)
I'm on mac os x 10.4.11
im on a PPC emac 800mhz.

twzzz
livings124
Transmission Developer

Re: over extended progress bars (no pause /inspect buttons)

Post by livings124 »

It's a bug with using Transmission on 10.4. Unless someone can figure it out and write a patch, there's nothing I can do. Transmission 1.5 will be the last release line to support 10.4.
twinkerzzz

Post by twinkerzzz »

livings124 wrote:It's a bug with using Transmission on 10.4. Unless someone can figure it out and write a patch, there's nothing I can do. Transmission 1.5 will be the last release line to support 10.4.
Is there a previous version of transmission which is most stable on os x 10.4 or are all versions reproducing the same bug ?

thnx
twzz
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

All useable versions as far as I can remember.
twinkerzzz

Post by twinkerzzz »

livings124 wrote:All useable versions as far as I can remember.
what a shame shame shame - i dont think my emac PPC 8oomhz is ever going to be able to install os x 10.5 proficiently.
If there's any chance of sorting out the issue for us who must remain on os 10.4 whilst you're still counting us in on the 1.5v
so when you leave us behind there remains a version of Transmission which is essentially solid - that would make alot of sense and allow us already long term loyal users to remain in the Transmission loop.
Much appreciated.

twzzz
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

1.5 is being made to improve underlying libtransmission issues, making it a stable client to use on 10.4 for the foreseeable future. If someone can solve this issue, I would gladly put it in, but I do not have a 10.4 box to test on.
twinkerzzz

Post by twinkerzzz »

livings124 wrote:1.5 is being made to improve underlying libtransmission issues, making it a stable client to use on 10.4 for the foreseeable future. If someone can solve this issue, I would gladly put it in, but I do not have a 10.4 box to test on.
Unfortunatley , i've never personally developed any software before nor am i terminal literate - but if i can be of assistance via any other method, then i would gladly offer to help resolve the issue. Maybe a topic could be put out to ask suitable users to come forward...?
Anyway, if not - thanks for your explanations for now.
twzzz