Transmission 1.50 Beta 6

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
livings124
Transmission Developer

Transmission 1.50 Beta 6

Post by livings124 »

Edit: Locked - 1.50 final has been released.

Transmission 1.50 Beta 6 is now available for download.

About 1.50: 1.50 doesn't have many visual changes, but has lots of improvements under the hood, including IPv6 support, better management of peers, trackers, and local files, and lots of bug fixes. This should be the final beta before release.
KingJulian

Re: Transmission 1.50 Beta 6

Post by KingJulian »

Why There is no Groups tab in prefrences in Mac version? There is one in night builds :roll:
Kind of disappointment. It is very usefull feature =( I can't stop using it.
Attachments
Picture 2.gif
Picture 2.gif (30.34 KiB) Viewed 9850 times
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

Nightlies -> 1.60 pre-beta
Debu

Post by Debu »

The priority adjustment controls in the "Files" tab of Torrent Inspector are not visible when running Beta 6 under OS X 10.4.11 on my Intel iMac. The controls are there - clicking to the right or left of the blue dot produces the correct priority adjustment - but they are not visible.

I discovered that the start/pause buttons for individual torrents do not work at all. The only way I can start or stop torrents is by using the "global" start and pause buttons at the top of the top of the main window; there is no way of starting or stopping individual torrents.

This renders Beta 6 pretty much unusable on this computer/system. I'll have to go back to Beta 5.
sin4me

Post by sin4me »

livings124 wrote:Nightlies -> 1.60 pre-beta
Sorry if this is off-topic, but I'm a little confused when trying to follow the Timeline under the Transmission Trac. I was under the impression that all current 1.42+ rXXXX builds were incremental bug-fixes/enhancements that were to ultimately deployed/implemented once 1.50 is final, then new revisions would build on top of that (1.50+). I looked in the FAQ & Wiki but didn't see anything that relates to the naming/numbering schema. So does this mean Transmission-1.42+Z-svn-r7883 (latest nightly at the moment) is further "ahead" than 1.50 Beta 6? Thanks
essiw

Post by essiw »

@Debu, i have no problem with that (osx 10.4.11) but I had that a few days with beta 4/5 so i think it will get normal after some time
Debu

Post by Debu »

essiw wrote:@Debu, i have no problem with that (osx 10.4.11) but I had that a few days with beta 4/5 so i think it will get normal after some time
K. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll give it a try now and again over the next few days.

Did you do anything in particular that you think might have resolved the problem? The only thing I tried was to repair permissions, but that was a no-go.
essiw

Post by essiw »

Debu wrote:
essiw wrote:@Debu, i have no problem with that (osx 10.4.11) but I had that a few days with beta 4/5 so i think it will get normal after some time
K. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll give it a try now and again over the next few days.

Did you do anything in particular that you think might have resolved the problem? The only thing I tried was to repair permissions, but that was a no-go.
nope didn't do anything, it just appeared to do normal again. (well i resize, switch between filters and colour groups and close and minimalize the window very often)
fonam

Post by fonam »

Looks great. If I set a globel upload speed limit, it doesn't seem to care about the limit. It still will go for the maximum bandwidth available. Log is clean.
NoM

Post by NoM »

Debu wrote:I discovered that the start/pause buttons for individual torrents do not work at all. The only way I can start or stop torrents is by using the "global" start and pause buttons at the top of the top of the main window; there is no way of starting or stopping individual torrents.
I'm having the exact same problem on a virtually identical system set-up (10.4.11 on an Intel MacBook). I've also been using beta 5 for several days now and never had it occur (in fact, I've had no problems with beta 5 at all).
Debu

Post by Debu »

NoM wrote: I'm having the exact same problem on a virtually identical system set-up (10.4.11 on an Intel MacBook). I've also been using beta 5 for several days now and never had it occur (in fact, I've had no problems with beta 5 at all).
I don't have the start/pause button problem with Beta 5, but I still have the invisible priority adjustment controls problem that I saw in Beta 6. I guess I must not have run a batch download in Beta 5 until now -- or maybe I didn't try to adjust the priority in a batch download until now.

At least Beta 5 is still useable on this machine/system - since I know where the invisible controls are located. :mrgreen: