Transmission 1.83 Released

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
Lutin

Re: Transmission 1.83 Released

Post by Lutin »

I am pretty sure now that 1.83 does not allow the private tracker to see me. I switched back to 1.76 and right away, my name appears in the list of seeders/leechers.
livings124
Transmission Developer

Post by livings124 »

Lutin wrote:I am pretty sure now that 1.83 does not allow the private tracker to see me. I switched back to 1.76 and right away, my name appears in the list of seeders/leechers.
Perhaps your private tracker hasn't whitelisted 1.83 yet.
o_0

Post by o_0 »

It has happen again with this release, if you download more then 5 mb/s then the cpu jumps upp to 100%.
it gets even wors when you download more then one file at a time.

the version before 1.83 workt fine.

sys spec:
imac g5 , rev A , 1.8 ghz
mac os x 10.5.8
kovalev

Post by kovalev »

Have got the same crash as day before (my post from the 1st of Feb), with the very same call backtrace in my system log. It had happened again while downloading at relatively high speed from a peer with Dn Reqs>150. As I had similar crashes with Transmission 1.76 in Jaunty, my guess was this might be my hardware-specific issue - if it were widespread, other customers would have complained more loudly. It seems however other people do experience some issues while downloading with Transmission at high speed...
I would like to point out - I have never had such crashes with other applications while downloading at high speed via http or ftp.

Still running T 1.83+ GTK (rc10048) on Ubuntu 9.10 (Linux kernel 2.6.31.18 and Gnome 2.28.1).
rb07

Post by rb07 »

rb07 wrote:I've also seen what others describe as transmission appearing to stop a torrent with no reason, but its not in general.

What I've seen is that in this version when you start a new torrent, it behaves normal for a very short while then disconnects completely. If I pause and start the torrent, everything goes to normal. If I don't do anything I assume it recovers on the next announce/scrape because next day the torrent did in fact finished downloading and seeding.
I take that back.

Its not like I described, the difference is that I was using "Magnet Link", with regular .torrent files it works as always, with the new magnet link it goes first through a phase collecting metadata from peers, then apparently stops (but doesn't), then starts downloading.

No more complaints, version 1.83 is working fine.
applemac1

Post by applemac1 »

Rolcol wrote:
applemac1 wrote:Got to say for me this is the worst update I´ve ever had off of transmission, as 1.82 the previous release was downloading after making the update Ive lost all the torrents. Also my ratio has disappeared altogether.
That sounds like it's a problem with the configuration files not being found. As far as I know, there was no change in how 1.83 handles its configuration. Check that Transmission's files are there (~/Library/Application Support/Transmission or ~/.config/transmission)

Thats strange I have checked Libary/applicationsupport/transmission or config and these do not seem to where stated.
mmain

Post by mmain »

I have tried running the Unslung version of Transmission 1.83 and experience significant hashfails, to a point where the download never completes, whilst the wasted data (hashfails) just continues to increase. I have also tried versions 1.80 and 1.82 and get the same result with the significant hashfails. I have reverted back to 1.76 and this problem disappears. I should point out that I interact with transmission using transmission remote gui 1.3.2, although not sure this has any significance.
110rdr33f4

Post by 110rdr33f4 »

1.82 (10004) seems to be working without the hash failures. I tried to downgrade to 1.76 and had trouble with a large download. 1.82 did not have that trouble, thank goodness.

OK, maybe I should have said 'less hash failures'.
karayuschij

Post by karayuschij »

Casually it freezes on my MBP... Application don't answer...
sonique

Post by sonique »

i now update my old client 1.76 my wd nas ...
but many many option missing

sort by tracker ?!?!?! why remove
inspector remove tracker name ....why ?!?!

please go back 2 options ... next relase

and maybe other .. upload speed limit /torrent
Elric

Post by Elric »

How do we solve the "Permission Denied" in this latest version? Why does it change our permissions to begin with? Even Downgrading didn't fix it this time.
matinee

Post by matinee »

Hi, I am using Transmission v1.83 on my NMT and it shows that there are Zero Seeds and Zero Peers for EVERY torrent I am trying to download from one particular private tracker. I reinstalled my NMT Apps, tried downgrading to v1.76 but to no avail. Surprisingly, I am able to download as usual when I try the same from my laptop using UTorrent! I am keen to enabling the NMT to do my downloads directly. Please help! Am I missing something here? Oh! I forgot - I am able to download from other private/public trackers from my NMT using Transmission! Thanks in advance....
blackdog

"Remove All Files" just got removed(?)

Post by blackdog »

Hello, i'm new here but i use Transmission since i switched to the Mac (jan 2008) so thank you for this great app.

I'm here to lament the removal of one of the basic features: the "remove all files" found right-clicking on a torrent.
I don't update the client every release because i'm lazy, so i'm not sure this was removed in this last update (btw i just checked the changelists and can't find an entry stating "removed remove all files command").

I'd like to know why this was done, as i said, it's one of the most basic features, and one of the most useful.
I don't know the ideal user case scenario, and i know that exceptions are not much in the interests of developers, but i got a couple of folders full of torrents-file waiting to be downloaded, sometime i get some just because i say "i'll want to get this file (but i can't right now because i don't have hd-space)".
When i download a file and seed that back a couple of times, i'm used to copy the downloaded stuff on an external hd and trash the original, or just trash it. So going back to the folder and search for the .torrent file in the tens other i have is a pain, especially if you think that sometimes .torrents have filenames that are just an ugly mess of an hashcode... so the cited command "remove all files" was a true life-saver!

Can you please get it back in the next release?
Rolcol

Re: "Remove All Files" just got removed(?)

Post by Rolcol »

blackdog wrote:Hello, i'm new here but i use Transmission since i switched to the Mac (jan 2008) so thank you for this great app.

I'm here to lament the removal of one of the basic features: the "remove all files" found right-clicking on a torrent.
I don't update the client every release because i'm lazy, so i'm not sure this was removed in this last update (btw i just checked the changelists and can't find an entry stating "removed remove all files command").

I'd like to know why this was done, as i said, it's one of the most basic features, and one of the most useful.
I don't know the ideal user case scenario, and i know that exceptions are not much in the interests of developers, but i got a couple of folders full of torrents-file waiting to be downloaded, sometime i get some just because i say "i'll want to get this file (but i can't right now because i don't have hd-space)".
When i download a file and seed that back a couple of times, i'm used to copy the downloaded stuff on an external hd and trash the original, or just trash it. So going back to the folder and search for the .torrent file in the tens other i have is a pain, especially if you think that sometimes .torrents have filenames that are just an ugly mess of an hashcode... so the cited command "remove all files" was a true life-saver!

Can you please get it back in the next release?
Actually, that was "dropped" a few releases ago. How's "Remove All Files" different from "Remove Data Files"? Transmission doesn't keep track of the .torrent files once they have been started with Transmission. If you still need a copy of the .torrent file, you can get one by using the "Save Torrent copy as.." (or similar) in the File menu. Livings has defended Transmission's position on this issue in multiple threads.
blackdog

Post by blackdog »

It is different because "All files" trashes also the .torrent file present in the folder together with the downloading/downloaded files.
So you say Transmission "caches" the .torrent, so i guess i have to use the "trash original torrent file" in the "adding torrent" panel that i never understood the meaning of (being convinced the .torrent was needed).