magnet link behavior

Discussion of Transmission that doesn't fit in the other categories
eris23

magnet link behavior

Post by eris23 »

I'm using Transmission 1.91 on Ubuntu Lucid, usually adding links or torrents from Firefox. With torrent files Transmission bring up a dialog box in which I can select select the download location. With magnet links Transmission doesn't bring up a dialog box, just uses the default download location. Is there a way to change the magnet link behavior to ask for a download location as it does with torrent files?

The following doesn't change the behavior:
* Type about:config into the address bar and press Enter.
* Right-click -> New -> Boolean -> Name: network.protocol-handler.external.magnet -> Value -> true
* Right-click -> New -> String -> Name: network.protocol-handler.app.magnet -> Value -> /usr/bin/transmission
* Ensure network.protocol-handler.expose-all is set to true

I see that azureus had created the following key name in gnome:
/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/magnet/command
with the value:
transmission '%s'
and the value:
enabled
check marked
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Re: magnet link behavior

Post by Jordan »

eris23 wrote:I'm using Transmission 1.91 on Ubuntu Lucid, usually adding links or torrents from Firefox. With torrent files Transmission bring up a dialog box in which I can select select the download location. With magnet links Transmission doesn't bring up a dialog box, just uses the default download location. Is there a way to change the magnet link behavior to ask for a download location as it does with torrent files?
No. Currently, there's no popup dialog for magnet links. IIRC this is planned for release 2.00.
hippy dave

Re: magnet link behavior

Post by hippy dave »

good to know it's planned :)