Transmission available for Windows .

Feature requests for the Windows version of Transmission
razobit947

Transmission available for Windows .

Post by razobit947 »

I would like to know if this software is available for Windows OS.......... :o :x :!: :cry:

when i went on to download I was not able to see the win7 platform and was shocked
please reply
i love this software cause i used it on mac os x snow leopard
its the best on the web please reply DEVELOPERS U NEED TO WORK ON WINDOWS SOFTWARE !
:wink:
blacke4dawn

Re: Transmission available for Windows .

Post by blacke4dawn »

Then why don't you learn how to program for Windows and help them. It's very easy for an outsider to "demand" certain features, it's much harder to find a person that has the necessary expertise to implement said feature.

However there is an unofficial port of it for Windows available under Transmission QT for Windows (listed in add-ons section on main site).
negativeions

Post by negativeions »

Anyone demanding windows software should be banned :)
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

I think an official Windows build would be good simply to help finally get rid of uTorrent for good.
blacke4dawn

Post by blacke4dawn »

Calidude wrote:I think an official Windows build would be good simply to help finally get rid of uTorrent for good.
The thing is that I highly doubt that one of the current devs will pick up windows programming just so that they can put out an official windows client, so that leaves them with bringing another person on board and I have no idea how they handle that. They might have extended an invitation to rb07 (though don't think so) but I'm not sure if he has the time to spare to become an official part of the team since it would most likely entail handling more than just porting the code.

I try and stay away from Windows as much as possible (some games "forces" me back :mrgreen: ) but I think it would be a benefit to get Transmission onto more platforms.