Any updated news about an official windows build?

Feature requests for the Windows version of Transmission
cfpp2p

Re: Any updated news about an official windows build?

Post by cfpp2p »

The shell and the file system have different requirements. It is possible to create a path with the Windows API that the shell user interface is not able to interpret properly.

Although the underlying file system may support such names, the Windows shell and user interface does not.

others

CON, PRN, AUX, NUL, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, COM9, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, LPT4, LPT5, LPT6, LPT7, LPT8, and LPT9

and there's more

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 85%29.aspx
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

Any news about the aforementioned nightlies for the Windows build?
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

Calidude wrote:Any news about the aforementioned nightlies for the Windows build?
Not yet. I guess you'll notice when builds will start appearing on https://build.transmissionbt.com/.
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

Torrentfreak just published an article with a title that makes it sound like the Windows version is ready for wide release.

https://torrentfreak.com/transmission-r ... ws-160327/
potska

Post by potska »

I think if fixing some general use hiccups/bugs then it is ready for public, i already use 2.92 x64 daily and it works fine.

I hope devs will fix this type of torrents too without stopping, currently qbt downloaded this fine.
http://sonniss.com/GameAudioGDCPart2.torrent (contains "|" so autoreplace would be best fix)

I have qbt as backup client but i like Transmision easy slim interface and ability to use it as portable, before i used sourceforge qt windows builds many years.
biezel

Post by biezel »

I just installed the Transmission Windows client and got it up and running with Sonarr. Only one problem: torrents only show up when I look in the web ui, but not in the actual desktop client. Anyone else run into this?
LeVvE

Post by LeVvE »

biezel wrote:I just installed the Transmission Windows client and got it up and running with Sonarr. Only one problem: torrents only show up when I look in the web ui, but not in the actual desktop client. Anyone else run into this?
Do you have show all torrents enabled?
biezel

Post by biezel »

I think so. Screen of my interface here: http://i.imgur.com/MQ47LTp.png
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

biezel wrote:I just installed the Transmission Windows client and got it up and running with Sonarr. Only one problem: torrents only show up when I look in the web ui, but not in the actual desktop client. Anyone else run into this?
I would guess that you have installed both the Qt client and the daemon. I would also guess that both are running at the same time, and Qt client isn't connected to the daemon's session but has started its own. You need to either connect Qt client to the daemon session (via Edit menu -> Change Session…) or set different ports for the two (via Edit menu -> Preferences dialog -> Remote tab -> Remote Control group for the Qt client and via %sysroot%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\transmission-daemon\settings.json for the daemon). Note that you could also change daemon's HTTP port via Qt client after you have connected to daemon's session, and there's also settings.json file for Qt client I'm not mentioning here.
kIssGlaY

Post by kIssGlaY »

Found another bug relating path/file naming.
If giving destination folder a long path name like:

Code: Select all

xxxxx.xxxxxx.xxxx.xxxxxxx.xxxx.xxxx-xxxx.xxxxxx.xxxxx.xxx.xxx-xxxx.x.x.xxxx.x.x-xxx@xxxx_xxxxx.xxxxxx.xxxx.xxxxxxx.xxxx.xxxx-xxxx.xxxxxx.xxxxx.xxx.xxx-xxxx.x.x.xxxx.x.x-xxx@xxxx
which is valid in windows, that torrent stopped with an "unknown error" after a while, and no actual data getting written onto the disk. Furthermore, if trying to remove that torrent from list (no matter trash with data or not), after doing so, transmission-daemon crashes.
I've test the same naming on unofficial transmission-qt, no problem.
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

mike.dld wrote:
Calidude wrote:Any news about the aforementioned nightlies for the Windows build?
Not yet. I guess you'll notice when builds will start appearing on https://build.transmissionbt.com/.
This happened today:
kIssGlaY

Post by kIssGlaY »

On 14729, still got crash on path/file name with invalid characters, but under slightly different situation as before. This is how I reproduce the crash:
1. Add a torrent with destination folder name including any invalid character and start the torrent. Now the torrent will stop instead of crashing the client after a while.
2. Remove the torrent from list(no matter trash with data or not). Wait for the client to do the next update to the "resume" dir under config dir. This is when the client crash.

According to the log, the client still tries to update the state of the torrent with invalid path name every time it's updating the "resume" dir, even though it stopped with an error. Auto replacing the invalid character, as what the unofficial transmission-qt does, would definitely be a better solution.

BTW, the long path naming issue seems to have been fixed.
Last edited by kIssGlaY on Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ruinit

Post by ruinit »

Is there a script for cleaning up completed torrents?
biezel

Post by biezel »

mike.dld wrote:
I would guess that you have installed both the Qt client and the daemon. I would also guess that both are running at the same time, and Qt client isn't connected to the daemon's session but has started its own. You need to either connect Qt client to the daemon session (via Edit menu -> Change Session…) or set different ports for the two (via Edit menu -> Preferences dialog -> Remote tab -> Remote Control group for the Qt client and via %sysroot%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\transmission-daemon\settings.json for the daemon). Note that you could also change daemon's HTTP port via Qt client after you have connected to daemon's session, and there's also settings.json file for Qt client I'm not mentioning here.
This was totally it. I uninstalled and reinstalled without the daemon, working like a charm now. Thanks for the help!
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

Would it be possible to include an option to only install the daemon as a Windows service so that we can use TransGUI with it?