Any updated news about an official windows build?

Feature requests for the Windows version of Transmission
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: Any updated news about an official windows build?

Post by mike.dld »

No, it's not related to money in any way.

While we wait for the certificate we initially planned to use for signing, the build will most likely be signed with my personal certificate and be released along with 2.91 in a few days. It'll be a beta release, no changes there, mostly because it's the first official release ever and even though it's based on Qt client and lots of existing code there's still lots of newly written code which wasn't tested in the wild.

As for subforum(s), I guess we'll see how it goes...
insekt

Post by insekt »

The windows 2.91 (14710) x64 beta build just crashes on launch for me on Windows 10 x64.

The x86 build appears to work fine though.

edit: Just created a fresh Win7 x64 vm, installed vs2015 x64 redist and the Transmission 2.91 x64 beta, crashes on it as well.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: transmission-qt.exe
Application Version: 2.91.0.0
Application Timestamp: 56dbcfc4
Fault Module Name: ucrtbase.DLL
Fault Module Version: 10.0.10240.16390
Fault Module Timestamp: 55a5b718
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 0000000000065a5f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 39fc
Additional Information 2: 39fce2c88b14aea7575bdf69632d869d
Additional Information 3: fb8c
Additional Information 4: fb8c15ff122cedca2d5fd7523268635c
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

Damn, you're fast :) Yeah, it's an issue in QtDBus module; I've fixed it in x86 build but not yet in x64. Working on this now.
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

You shouldn't have to install redist youself though, part of needed files is included in the installer, another part is in Windows KB2999226.
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

The Windows builds have been posted here but not on the homepage. Why not? Because of the OSX malware issue?

https://download.transmissionbt.com/files/
insekt

Post by insekt »

mike.dld wrote:You shouldn't have to install redist youself though, part of needed files is included in the installer, another part is in Windows KB2999226.
Yea I just installed the redist on the VM to quickly get the UCRT without going through windows update.
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

insekt wrote:The windows 2.91 (14710) x64 beta build just crashes on launch for me on Windows 10 x64.
No crashes for me with that build on the exact same OS.
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

Calidude wrote:The Windows builds have been posted here but not on the homepage. Why not? Because of the OSX malware issue?

https://download.transmissionbt.com/files/
No, OS X issue is unrelated. The links will be posted shortly, all in its time ;)
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

mike.dld wrote:The links will be posted shortly, all in its time ;)
Can we get a Windows subforum on this board when the links get posted? The new Windows port is big news and many people are going to want to come and discuss it.
kIssGlaY

Post by kIssGlaY »

It can't connect to HTTPS tracker, tried on both daemon and qt, x64.
kIssGlaY

Post by kIssGlaY »

x190 wrote:Log file message (set to debug)?
related messages are:

Code: Select all

Could not connect to tracker (C:\Repositories\trunk\libtransmission\announcer.c:996)
Scrape error: Could not connect to tracker (C:\Repositories\trunk\libtransmission\announcer.c:1279)
BTW, because the private tracker supports both http and https, after I modified the tracker from https to http, it worked.
But this isn't an issue on cygwin build and that 3rd party transmission-qt from sourceforge.
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

kIssGlaY wrote:It can't connect to HTTPS tracker, tried on both daemon and qt, x64.
I can confirm this. HTTPS trackers are unreachable with the current 2.92 Windows build.
LeVvE

Post by LeVvE »

I haven't seen anyone mention magnet links not working, is it just me it doesn't work for?

When you click on a magnet link it asks you which program you want to open it with but Transmission is not coming up as an option and you can't browse and select it either on Windows 10.

Sorry for posting in this thread but people already discussed other issues here.
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

LeVvE wrote:When you click on a magnet link it asks you which program you want to open it with but Transmission is not coming up as an option and you can't browse and select it either on Windows 10.
I tried not to override users' defaults. Check if default application settings (somewhere in Control Panel for older Windows versions or Settings app for newer ones) are set to use Transmission for magnet links. Ideally Transmission should suggest to change defaults on first run, nice idea for future improvement.
LeVvE

Post by LeVvE »

mike.dld wrote:
LeVvE wrote:When you click on a magnet link it asks you which program you want to open it with but Transmission is not coming up as an option and you can't browse and select it either on Windows 10.
I tried not to override users' defaults. Check if default application settings (somewhere in Control Panel for older Windows versions or Settings app for newer ones) are set to use Transmission for magnet links. Ideally Transmission should suggest to change defaults on first run, nice idea for future improvement.
That worked, never thought off checking for it there. Thanks.

I've had the unofficial build of Transmission installed before, maybe that's why it didn't ask if I wanted to set it as default after I installed. Oh well, working now anyway.