Any updated news about an official windows build?

Feature requests for the Windows version of Transmission
sisconNEET

Re: Any updated news about an official windows build?

Post by sisconNEET »

I'm using Transmission 2.92 on windows 10 64bit, I can't rename both my torrent file's folder name and files' name on this section http://puu.sh/nxCcR.png .
This also happens on unofficial version anyway.

Thanks.
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

mike.dld wrote:Ideally Transmission should suggest to change defaults on first run, nice idea for future improvement.
Yes, please do that. That's exactly what should happen when installing on Windows. A torrent option and a separate magnet option.
potska

Post by potska »

I would report that fetching hash do not work too, it downloads forever torrent from peers and i never get file list. Transmission qt from sourceforge worked fine.
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

potska wrote:I would report that fetching hash do not work too, it downloads forever torrent from peers and i never get file list. Transmission qt from sourceforge worked fine.
I can confirm the same behavior here as well. I'm going to have to stick to the unofficial Transmission Qt until all of these issues get fixed because the current builds are practically unusable.

If the current builds get posted on the homepage, I hope the developers put a big fat Alpha notice because these builds are not even Beta yet in terms of functionality. Ideally, the current builds and their subsequent builds should only be released on this forum and we should do internal testing/discussion with a dedicated Windows subforum before the developers even think of posting Windows builds on the front page.
potska

Post by potska »

Perhaps no alpha needed as transmission qt worked very well and official cannot, i think just critical fixes are needed then it is ok.
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

potska wrote:Perhaps no alpha needed as transmission qt worked very well and official cannot, i think just critical fixes are needed then it is ok.
If the current Windows version doesn't work, as it certainly does not, then it's definitely an alpha right now. I would prefer that this forum test the Windows builds internally and getting them to stable status before posting a link on the front page at all.
LeVvE

Post by LeVvE »

You can't select which files to download before the torrent starts if you use magnet links. This was also an issue with the unoffical version but I don't know if it's by design or not, downloading the .torrent and opening that works.
potska

Post by potska »

sometimes even using .torrent it stops with message "unable to save resume file" but half of torrent is already downloaded.
LeVvE

Post by LeVvE »

Transmission doesn't show notifications for a finished download when "Show a notification when torrents are added" is disabled.
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

LeVvE wrote:Transmission doesn't show notifications for a finished download when "Show a notification when torrents are added" is disabled.
Confirmed. These builds need way more testing. The developers should consider merging their efforts with the Transmission Qt developer because his unofficial 2.84 build is nearly bug-free compared to these recent official builds.
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

HTTPS (trackers, webseeds) - fixed, libcurl was built w/o openssl support
Magnet links - works for me (needs more details / investigation on your side)
Unable to save resume file - works for me (needs more details / investigation on your side)
Notifications for a finished downloads - valid, but not Windows-specific defect (needs to be registered and fixed; see #6095)

I've re-uploaded 2.92 packages with properly built libcurl. SHA-256 hashes:
  • transmission-2.92-x64.msi - 1c93e86f861b84c9d49a8c563cf3bbb4a5c794bf29121fe8f44fdcf3ecbaa91c
  • transmission-2.92-x86.msi - 0a20659d1088600d450932c168df557c902207f697559ce5ead170bcac13aa72
Last edited by mike.dld on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

mike.dld wrote:HTTPS (trackers, webseeds) - fixed, libcurl was built w/o openssl support
Many thanks for this fix, Mike.

Can we get a Windows subforum so we can have a dedicated place to discuss these builds? Or at least a dedicated thread titled something like "Windows Beta Builds - Feedback Needed" so more people can see the opportunity to help you get these builds ready for the homepage?
kIssGlaY

Post by kIssGlaY »

mike.dld wrote:HTTPS (trackers, webseeds) - fixed, libcurl was built w/o openssl support
Magnet links - works for me (needs more details / investigation on your side)
Unable to save resume file - works for me (needs more details / investigation on your side)
Notifications for a finished downloads - valid, but not Windows-specific defect (needs to be registered and fixed; see #6095)

I've re-uploaded 2.92 packages with properly built libcurl. SHA-256 hashes:
  • transmission-2.92-x64.msi - 1c93e86f861b84c9d49a8c563cf3bbb4a5c794bf29121fe8f44fdcf3ecbaa91c
  • transmission-2.92-x86.msi - 0a20659d1088600d450932c168df557c902207f697559ce5ead170bcac13aa72
A PT reported it as a banned client.
The client version displays as 2.84+(14608).
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

kIssGlaY wrote:A PT reported it as a banned client.
We're not controlling what tracker owners decide to ban.

As for version, please double-check. It surely displays 2.92 (14714) for me in Help -> About dialog.
LeVvE

Post by LeVvE »

mike.dld wrote:
kIssGlaY wrote:A PT reported it as a banned client.
We're not controlling what tracker owners decide to ban.

As for version, please double-check. It surely displays 2.92 (14714) for me in Help -> About dialog.
I think he means the web UI, the web UI shows as 2.84+ (14608).