Seeding and Leeching Colors, Download and Upload Progress Direction

Feature requests for the Windows version of Transmission
undrline

Seeding and Leeching Colors, Download and Upload Progress Direction

Post by undrline »

The windows version, not that long ago, had a different look and feel than it does now ... not only did it have different icons, and a different application icon, but seeding and leeching had different colors, and the progress bar direction indicated the upload or download. I loved that! At first, I thought it was that I had installed the 64bit version, but installing the 32bit changed nothing.

I request that it be brought back. If nothing else, if you could point me to the most recent stable version that had it, please, I'd appreciate it.
Last edited by undrline on Mon May 07, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
culinko

Re: GUI Changes

Post by culinko »

I recently switched from the unofficial 2.84 Windows version to the official 2.92 (Windows early preview) and I must say I was very confused by the single green color for downloading and uploading. Previously it was blue color for downloading and green color for uploading, so you could see more clearly which torrents have been already completed (and seeding) and which torrents were still being downloaded. Can I ask the devs why did you decide for this change and could I request (just like the user above me) to revert this back to the previous behavior? Thank you, much appreciated.
manualshift

Post by manualshift »

...it's been a year since this was originally posted without a response.

Bumping it because the requested change is consistent with other iterations (i.e., OSX) of the interface and it would improve usability.
I prefer using Transmission on my MAC rather than Win10 PC specifically because of this issue.
LeVvE

Post by LeVvE »

culinko wrote:I recently switched from the unofficial 2.84 Windows version to the official 2.92 (Windows early preview) and I must say I was very confused by the single green color for downloading and uploading. Previously it was blue color for downloading and green color for uploading, so you could see more clearly which torrents have been already completed (and seeding) and which torrents were still being downloaded. Can I ask the devs why did you decide for this change and could I request (just like the user above me) to revert this back to the previous behavior? Thank you, much appreciated.
This threw me off as well, the green color for both downloading and seeding, it should be changed because its really hard to tell at a glance right now, you need to check if it says downloading or seeding.
laikexpert

Re: Seeding and Leeching Colors, Download and Upload Progress Direction

Post by laikexpert »

Previously (unofficial 2.84 Windows version) it was blue color for downloading and green color for uploading,
so you could see more clearly which torrents have been already completed (and seeding) and which torrents were still being downloaded.

Seeding and leeching different colors, and the progress bar direction indicated the upload and download.

P.S.
It must be added.
On Windows 10
Transmission looks very old-fashioned.

Transmission 3.00+ (Interface + Options) Redesign
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20666
Tanker_54/55

Re: Seeding and Leeching Colors, Download and Upload Progress Direction

Post by Tanker_54/55 »

I'm a new, satisfied user, but it's true that using Transmission would be more straightforward and instinctive this way!