migration and settings, torrents files

Feature requests for the Windows version of Transmission
imenno

migration and settings, torrents files

Post by imenno »

1. Hi friends. Need help how to transfer all torrents from utorrent to transmission in the environment of windows
2. make storing settings and torrents in the program folder, not at the address C:\Users\***\AppData\Local. Like portable.
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: migration and settings, torrents files

Post by mike.dld »

1. If you need a tool, consider something like https://github.com/mikedld/bt-migrate (grab pre-built binary from the latest build on Actions tab, e.g. https://github.com/mikedld/bt-migrate/a ... s/51752466). If the number of torrents is small, another option would be to just manually add .torrent files to Transmission and set the location to where the downloaded files are; if you're good with scripting, transmission-remote utility program may simplify things.

2. Each Transmission client (except for macOS one) and the daemon have `-g`/`--config-dir` command line option to pass the path to the configuration directory, %APPDATA% is the default if none was explicitly specified.
imenno

Post by imenno »

Alas, I do not understand Linux and commands. I could not launch the bt-migrate. We’ll have to add hands under 1000 torrents. And it’s not entirely clear how to register a command so that the settings folder can be changed, instead of %LOCALAPPDATA%/transmission to the D:\Transmissions. Please tell me more precisely what and how to write :)
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

I'm sorry but there's no UI for this tool. You need to start a terminal emulator (try searching for "Command Prompt" or "PowerShell" in your Start menu) and then execute the commands as they are presented in the readme by the first link (there're full command examples there, just use "BtMigrate.exe" instead of "./BtMigrate" and replace *NIX-like paths with Windows paths, e.g. "~/.config/transmission" -> "D:\Transmission"). It really isn't that hard to figure out.
imenno

Post by imenno »

Please write a specific example of what i need to write in CMD. Thank)
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

I cannot give you the exact command, that's why the tool accepts parameters so that you pass values that are specific to your system and use-case. The examples on GitHub should be more than enough. Something you could try (and I'm not making any guarantees here):

Code: Select all

# Let BtMigrate guess the path where uTorrent stores its data:
BtMigrate.exe --source utorrent --target-dir d:\transmission --target transmission
# If the above doesn't work, you'll have to specify the path manually:
BtMigrate.exe --source-dir c:\path\to\utorrent\data --source utorrent --target-dir d:\transmission --target transmission
This is not that much different from working in a GUI, just that you need to type the parameter names and values in a terminal windows instead of typing in values in the input fields; and then pressing Enter/Return key instead of an OK button for the action to be executed.
Norris_24

Post by Norris_24 »

I want solution for migration for torrent files. please help me if anyone can