Transmission 2.33 (12565)

Ask for help and report issues with the Windows version of Transmission
grimreality

Transmission 2.33 (12565)

Post by grimreality »

Currently have Transmission-qt installed on a Windows 7 32bit box.
Install completed fine but I cannot get it to work.
There is an exception in the Firewall for Transmission.
uTorrent works fine but Transmission does not allow any transfer
I have Transmission on Linux boxes and perfer some of the settings more
I have also tested some of the torrent by loading in uTorrent and they have good dl and ul speeds but in Transmission I get 0 of XX peers connected
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Re: Transmission 2.33 (12565)

Post by Jordan »

Transmission-Qt is not currently supported on Windows.

Maybe this will change some time in the future.

You might want to report the issue to whomever you got the win32 build from; maybe they will be able to help.
rb07

Post by rb07 »

Jordan wrote:maybe they will be able to help
"They" is me. And there has been over 29,000 downloads of Transmission-Qt, so you better start supporting them, its your application I just build it and package it with a nice ribbon ;-)
grimreality wrote:There is an exception in the Firewall for Transmission.
An exception for the application, or for a specific port?
grimreality wrote:in Transmission I get 0 of XX peers connected
Are you using the same ports... at the same time?

The number of peers comes from the tracker, using a different port than the one for peers. When downloading the connection goes from you to the peer, whatever port the peer advertised, so the firewalls (not only Windows, also the one at the gateway, and possibly the ones your ISP puts) have to allow traffic; but if uTorrent works, it should be the same.

Check the events, perhaps Windows triggered the "too many connections" feature. Also, if you are using Windows' Security Essentials (the MS anti-virus) check that it hasn't quarantined it (its the only anti-virus that wrongly "detects" a Trojan on the application -- yes I've reported it to MS as a false positive).

And if you want to discuss on the SourceForge project forum, then go here: Help forum.
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

rb07 wrote:
Jordan wrote:maybe they will be able to help
"They" is me. And there has been over 29,000 downloads of Transmission-Qt, so you better start supporting them, its your application I just build it and package it with a nice ribbon ;-)
I think you're doing good work and appreciate the unofficial builds... but I don't even have a copy of Windows. It doesn't make sense for me to give Windows support. I've never even used your Windows build. :roll: