share torrents

Ask for help and report issues with the Windows version of Transmission
geon

share torrents

Post by geon »

Is it possible to change location of appdata path, where settings, resume and Torrents are? I would like to use for:

1/ sharing among other users on one comp, so every account-user could be able to run transmission and share downloading and settings...
2/ windows port wrongly sets this path (unicode issue I guess) and saving settings doesnt work even for one user, so this could "solve" this issue

Thanks
rb07

Re: share torrents

Post by rb07 »

Sharing among users seems like a bad idea. Perhaps what you want is closer to using transmission-daemon, not Transmission-Qt (yes, the daemon runs on Windows, no there is nobody that supports it, recommended way is to use Cygwin to both build it and configure it as a Windows service-- i.e. doesn't necessarily belong to any user, could run as SYSTEM).

Its not clear if by sharing you mean several users running several Transmissions at the same time. The other case: several users sharing the computer and running one instance of the application will have the ownership/permission problem, files belong to the user that creates them, usually cannot be accessed simultaneously by more than one user (and doing this with more than one instance of the application is NOT supported), and the file permissions may or may not allow different users to have access to them.

I already answered your second point. The workaround I mentioned is also the way you would run several instances of the application by setting different configurations that not interfere with each other.
geon

Re: share torrents

Post by geon »

As for windows port: I use https://sourceforge.net/projects/trqtw/

As for sharing: no, I do not like to share downloading simultaneoesly. Yes I want to share downloading torrents among all user on one comp. It s possible do it, as I already know, with command line parametr : "C:\Program Files\Transmission-Qt\transmission-qt.exe" --config-dir c:/prg/transmission. With this feature we (all users) can have both common downloading torrents and individual one too. Thats big advantage against my old uTorrent.