Problem with adding a torrent...

Ask for help and report issues with the Windows version of Transmission
iZeus83

Problem with adding a torrent...

Post by iZeus83 »

Hi all,

Yesterday, I installed "transmission-2.92-x64.msi " and then I configured it. I'm using transmission as a remote client and normal client, path are set correctly and I don't what happen with this error that ocurs when I'm trying to download a torrent. The error is that: "download directory path is not absolute".

I'm using windows 10 64-bits, and the default download location for me its "c:\downloads" on normal client but in remote is "/downloads/personal" so I think the problem is a the path because the directory that I set on remote client in not relative too.

Can anyone help to solve this please?, thanksa.
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: Problem with adding a torrent...

Post by mike.dld »

This seems to be the case of #5115. You are using Qt client to manage both local and remote sessions. Qt client currently doesn't differentiate and stores settings in both cases to the same file(s). So even if you had C:\downloads set as download directory (with local session), it's then being overwritten with settings from daemon when you connect to it afterwards. Next time you use Qt client standalone (with local session), the download directory is set to /downloads/personal which isn't an absolute path in Windows.
iZeus83

Re: Problem with adding a torrent...

Post by iZeus83 »

mike.dld wrote:This seems to be the case of #5115. You are using Qt client to manage both local and remote sessions. Qt client currently doesn't differentiate and stores settings in both cases to the same file(s). So even if you had C:\downloads set as download directory (with local session), it's then being overwritten with settings from daemon when you connect to it afterwards. Next time you use Qt client standalone (with local session), the download directory is set to /downloads/personal which isn't an absolute path in Windows.
Ok I understand now, thanks mike.