Renaming Folders, and Recent Locations dropdown

Ask for help and report issues with the Windows version of Transmission
kiboy6

Renaming Folders, and Recent Locations dropdown

Post by kiboy6 »

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time user of the TransmissionQTclient, which I use on my Windows PC to control Transmission on my Unix based NAS.

I was excited to see that I can finally replace the unofficial client, with an official Windows version.

However, I haven't fully made the change yet because of two things:

1.) The potentially brilliant new feature of being able to rename folders before downloading starts doesn't seem to work. (I can right click and select "rename" but nothing happens)
2.) There is no "˅" dropdown list of recent locations when adding a new torrent. This feature was in the unofficial builds and is fairly essential, otherwise typing in locations can be very cumbersome!

Anybody else run across these issues / have any idea if they will be fixed in an upcoming offical release?

Thanks so much!
kiboy6

Re: Renaming Folders, and Recent Locations dropdown

Post by kiboy6 »

Small bump....anyone have any ideas? Or is there a better place to ask? Many thanks in advance
kiboy6

Post by kiboy6 »

OK, will do. Any idea when that may be?
kiboy6

Post by kiboy6 »

Bump -
would love to get these issues resolved so I can migrate to the official Windows build :)
kiboy6

Post by kiboy6 »

Nobody here?
Latinkidmj

Post by Latinkidmj »

I see that there is an option for "Set Location" and I wonder if it can be used to repoint to the new file? I worry that renaming them individually will break the ability of Transmission to seed properly tho... I've read that one could use the "Verify local data" option on the renamed file and that would enable TX to seed but I'm too afraid to try myself.
kiboy6

Post by kiboy6 »

Yes, there is no problem at all with "set location.

My question was about the supposed new feature allowing folder renaming at the time of adding the torrent. This was promoted as a new feature in the official windows build - however it doesn't seem to work at all. Anybody have any idea if it has been / could be fixed.

Also, as mentioned, the dropdown list of recent save locations isn't working either....

Is this new Windows build being supported...or are we better off sticking with the unoffial transmissionqt client?

Thanks if anybody can shed light on this :)