Open Folder ???

Ask for help and report issues with the Windows version of Transmission
pmshah

Open Folder ???

Post by pmshah »

Although it saves the downloaded files as set in "Save to Location", it does not always open this folder with Ctrl+E keystroke or upon selecting "Open Folder" option from the context menu (right click menu) of the highlighted file. Sometimes it opens windows default "My Documents" folder.
WOLF01

Re: Open Folder ???

Post by WOLF01 »

I now have the same situation when using the program transmission-2.92-x64.msi (My system is Windows 7 SP1 64 bit)
Some files show the correct storage location, and other files show the wrong storage location.
How to fix this problem?
WOLF01

Post by WOLF01 »

Can someone help me?
WOLF01

Post by WOLF01 »

:o
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Post by mike.dld »

Issue is acknowledged (https://github.com/transmission/transmission/issues/325) and awaiting resolution. If there are any pertinent details please do tell, e.g. maybe paths leading to "My Documents" opening are special in some way (contain spaces or special or non-latin characters, or are non-existent, or are still being downloaded with partial data stored elsewhere or .part suffix appended).
WOLF01

Post by WOLF01 »

After I installed the program on the system drive C, I set it in the settings - storing the downloaded files on another embedded HD drive D.
When I open the location of the downloaded file: some files open correctly on the disk D, and some do not open - instead, the "My Documents" folder opens in disk C.