Upgrading from 2.84 to 2.92

Ask for help and report issues with the Windows version of Transmission
furic

Upgrading from 2.84 to 2.92

Post by furic »

Hi
I've upgraded from Qt 2.84.1_X86-32.exe to 2.92_x64.msi installer (same machine )-all settings are gone, including torrents.
Are there special guides for migrations or is it a bug?
Thanks
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: Upgrading from 2.84 to 2.92

Post by mike.dld »

I've extended the page mentioned by x190 just now with Windows Defaults section. As for 2.84 (which I presume was produced by TrQtW project), its Qt client settings directory is located in %APPDATA%\transmission.

What you want to do is move all files from %APPDATA%\transmission (e.g. C:\Users\mikedld\AppData\Roaming\transmission on my system) to %LOCALAPPDATA%\transmission (e.g. C:\Users\mikedld\AppData\Local\transmission on my system), with Qt client not running. If you're using the daemon, you want to move all files from %APPDATA%\transmission to %LOCALAPPDATA%\transmission-daemon (e.g. C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\transmission-daemon on my system), with daemon not running. Note that while both paths refer to %LOCALAPPDATA%, Qt client is running with your user credentials while daemon is running with LocalService user credentials, and thus end paths differ.