Copy script when torrent is done downloading.

Ask for help and report issues with the Windows version of Transmission
steffbp

Copy script when torrent is done downloading.

Post by steffbp »

Hello all.

I've been googling a fair bit but cant seem to find what Im looking for - at least not for the windows client.

Im looking for a script to copy downloaded data when the torrent is completed.

I want it to copy from my download folder (\\SERVER\Transmission_Download) to my movie folder (\\SERVER\Video\Movies)
- Im not looking to copy the files not move.

Tried using a simple VBscript that will check if the folder/files are existing and then copy them, but my movie folder is fairly large, so it takes too long for the script to check existing files...

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Steff
Abatap

Re: Copy script when torrent is done downloading.

Post by Abatap »

Hi. There is no need to bother with VB as this can be easily achieved with .bat files. Here is the .bat file contents I use:

Code: Select all

@echo off
copy "%~dp0Torrents\*.torrent" "%~dp0Completed"
All you need to do is put it inside your transmission settings folder (C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\transmission), tell Transmission to execute it on torrent completed and you also have to create a folder named "Completed" inside the transmission settings folder. I'm sure you'll find out how to adapt my solution to your needs.

Be aware though that the current stable build of Transmission (2.93) for Windows doesn't execute .bat files for some reason even though it worked for me for years with the unofficial tranmissionqt-win port of the torrent client.