Downloads not visible in client after update

Ask for help and report issues with the Windows version of Transmission
Azazel

Downloads not visible in client after update

Post by Azazel »

Uninstalled 2.84 and installed 2.94 and all torrents were not present. I had to restore the original files to resume seeding.
Last edited by Azazel on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike.dld
Transmission Developer

Re: Downloads not visible in client after update

Post by mike.dld »

You're probably talking about 2.84 and 2.93. On Windows, versions before 2.9x were not provided by us, they were maintained by the guy nicknamed rb07 on SourceForge. The two versions (rb07's and ours) aren't compatible in a number of ways, one being that they have different configuration directories which explains torrents "loss". You could've just moved the configuration directory from one place to another to fix this as well. Anyway, this is not an issue as we didn't really try to be compatible, maybe even a bit of the opposite (so that people are mindful when they switch from unofficial version to the official one).
Azazel

Re: Downloads not visible in client after update

Post by Azazel »

Thanks for this clarification mike.dld. Glad to hear I will be able to migrate the data over.

Can you provide more information re:

>You could've just moved the configuration directory from one place to another to fix this as well.

I see my existing data is in %appdata%\Roaming\transmission

Where is the data directory for 2.94?

edit:

Also in 2.94 I noticed the web server is grayed out/disabled on the prefs>remote tab. I use this to link sonarr/radarr to transmisison. What is the correct way to set this up now?