Fix - workaround for daemon privileges error when installing I'm close but need a little help

Ask for help and report issues with the Windows version of Transmission
codger

Fix - workaround for daemon privileges error when installing I'm close but need a little help

Post by codger »

I couldn't get the daemon installed using the installer. (See other post for details)

x64 version of transmission 2.93

So... I added it manually

I extracted the files from the .msi and have the transmission-daemon.exe.

NOTE after you extract the contents of the .msi the transmission-daemon file will be named transmission_daemon. So I renamed it to what it should be transmission-damon.exe

Copied it into the Transmission directory then made it a service using

Code: Select all

sc.exe create <new_service_name> binPath= "<path_to_the_service_executable>" displayname="my service"
For new service name

Transmission

For binPath

"C:\Program Files\Transmission\transmission-daemon.exe" <---- x64 version and you need the quotes

For displayname

"Transmission Service" <--- you need the quotes

(I'm assuming these are the right values after reading some wikis)

I created a new directory

%LOCALAPPDATA%/transmission-daemon

Then copied the files within %LOCALAPPDATA%/transmission to that new directory

Then I went into Services and set the newly added Transmission service to auto start and rebooted.

What doesn't work.

Even thought the json file has rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1 10.17.42.168", and all that appears set up, accessing it remotely from the lan keeps throwing up a authorization errors about the rpc-whiteIist.

It doesn't see all the torrents that were in the qt client.

Could someone who has a working transmission daemon in Windows extract this key and link it?

Code: Select all

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Transmission

As well as their %LOCALAPPDATA%/transmission-daemon directory?

Of course redacting any personal info. I'm thinking there may be some values in there that are usually added by the installer.

Thank you