No Torrent Activity

Ask for help and report issues with the Windows version of Transmission
MaxArk68

No Torrent Activity

Post by MaxArk68 »

I am trying to download about 100, what I believe to be, rather popular torrents.
When I do connect successfully to a torrent, I am getting insanely slow download rates ... 3 to 90 KiB/s. Most times nothing ever connects.
I am using UPnP or NAT-PMP port forwarding from my router (not sure what this is, it was suggested). I have been unable to find any open ports for incoming connections, nor do I know how, or whether I need to.
When I check the Tracker tab for any one or more of my torrents, they allindicate some sort of an error ("Could not connect to tracker", "Connection failed")
Even if I add more trackers (from a current tracker list), the great majority of them are unable to connect to. I get one maybe out of dozens.
I am using Windows 7, and no secondary Firewall. Just the Windows one.
There is n difference if I use my native ISP (which according to online sources does not throtlle or restrict torrenting), or a VPN connection.

Please, respect I know little about the technicalities of torrenting. Is anyone able to provide soe guidance to get my torrenting back on track again?