Error: Input/output error

Ask for help and report issues with the Windows version of Transmission
Wulfe

Error: Input/output error

Post by Wulfe »

Ok, so I used to have transmission running on a linux server but it finally died on me. I finally decided to try it out on my main PC on Windows. It turns out it doesn't appear to be as easy to set up on Windows as on Linux.
I have flexget getting the torrent file and transmission daemon running headless to take the file and download but it appears to keep starting to download and then failing.
Naturally google is my friend but I can't seem to find much Windows related material, everything shows linux paths and there Mac stuff but I'm currently stumped. I may be an idiot and not translating info correctly but I don't think so.
If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. It appears like there's a path issue where my path is c:\blahblah\/file but it confuses me because it appears to start and then fails so I'm not sure what happens.
I've included a screenshot.
Wyler6

Re: Error: Input/output error

Post by Wyler6 »

Hi Wulfe,
It sounds like you have changed the download/incomplete folder from the default. If so, you need to give the LOCAL SERVICE account full permissions to the new folder. You can use the following command:

Code: Select all

icacls.exe "<PATH TO NEW FOLDER>" /q /c /t /grant "LOCAL SERVICE":F
Replace <PATH TO NEW FOLDER> with your full path including drive letter.
Wulfe

Post by Wulfe »

So the command you gave didn't work, I got an error that "SERVICE:F" was an invalid parameter. I went to the folder and added LOCAL SERVICE with full permissions. I didn't respond because I had to wait for an automatic download and xmas is slow but I got one and it's all good. Thank you, solved my issue.
Wyler6

Post by Wyler6 »

I am glad you got it working. Out of curiosity did you put double quotes around LOCAL SERVICE like below?

Code: Select all

"LOCAL SERVICE":F
Wulfe

Post by Wulfe »

I did, that's why I found the error weird.