Save .torrent files & magnet links

Ask for help and report issues with the Windows version of Transmission
Hashmeer

Save .torrent files & magnet links

Post by Hashmeer »

Is there a way to get Transmission to save a copy of all ".torrent" files to a set folder/location (like uT and qB)?

I've noticed there are some .torrent files in "AppData\Local\Transmission\Torrents", but they're randomly named and seem to be just for the "active" torrents.

It seems like this is possible in Transmission on other platforms, but not Windows? I've looked through Preferences and settings.json, but couldn't find the option.

Thanks!
eugenkss

Re: Save .torrent files & magnet links

Post by eugenkss »

Unless you deleted them manually from that folder, of if you deleted torrents from within the Transmission client, .torrent files of all torrents should still be present in the folder you mentioned.
Hashmeer

Re: Save .torrent files & magnet links

Post by Hashmeer »

eugenkss wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:52 pm Unless you deleted them manually from that folder, of if you deleted torrents from within the Transmission client, .torrent files of all torrents should still be present in the folder you mentioned.
Understood, but I what I'm looking for is to automatically save a copy/backup all .torrent files (like the uT/qB option "Store .torrents in: "). The AppData folder isn't really useful for this since they're all randomly named and, like you said, get deleted once you remove the torrent from Transmission. Thanks!