Transmission for Windows

Ask for help and report issues with the Windows version of Transmission
spry

Re: Transmission for Windows

Post by spry »

EgoQ: Transmission original tools and Transmission WinDaemon are standalone products. Can you try to run original tools to see if there is will be some error? I'm almost sure if it will be, it will be different
EgoQ

Post by EgoQ »

You were right. It says.

Command line interface:

Code: Select all

The ordinal 3823 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll
Remote: same but "1882"
And same goes whit server.exe
spry

Post by spry »

Ok. It's SSL... I'll try to find out what is that ordinal and what it is missing
Morothar

Post by Morothar »

spry wrote:
Morothar wrote: I'm a game developer and currently have a good amount of free time (compensation for a lot of overtime). So, spry, if you could use a helping hand, feel free to ask! :)
I'm also a game developer :))) Well. Yes, I'd like to have some help :) Due to there is a lot of bugs rising, a lot of portability questions, and also everything needs testing, hard testing.
Regarding bug: so the system almost hangs up? Or daemon eats all the bandwidth? try to limit it and try again
Well, the problems went away after a batch of windows updates... Doesn't happen anymore :)
I'll send you a PM later about joining the project.
spry

Post by spry »

Morothar wrote:
spry wrote:
Morothar wrote: I'm a game developer and currently have a good amount of free time (compensation for a lot of overtime). So, spry, if you could use a helping hand, feel free to ask! :)
I'm also a game developer :))) Well. Yes, I'd like to have some help :) Due to there is a lot of bugs rising, a lot of portability questions, and also everything needs testing, hard testing.
Regarding bug: so the system almost hangs up? Or daemon eats all the bandwidth? try to limit it and try again
Well, the problems went away after a batch of windows updates... Doesn't happen anymore :)
I'll send you a PM later about joining the project.
Nice to hear that!
ajf88

Post by ajf88 »

EDIT: I fixed the issue described below by starting this using the shortcut on my desktop I didn't notice. Previously I was using the batch file.

Installed on Vista (with .net 3.5) but it kept crashing after around 10 seconds of starting a torrent transfering. I can connect to it and everything works until I start torrents.

Great work! Now I can use my RPC client for torrents when I'm out of town (my laptop runs windows but my home fileserver runs T on Linux).

Here's the project site: http://code.google.com/p/transmission-remote-dotnet/
Last edited by ajf88 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spry

Post by spry »

ajf88 wrote:...
Regarding integrating, we're already working on C# port of GTK+ interface with embedded client, same as providing C# wrapper for libtransmission.
Currenty I'm out of sync for >100 revisions and we still don't have IPv6 compatible win-port, since for last month I have lack of time for that. I hope after New Year I'll merge with latest trunk of transmission and there will be an alpha release of full client with UI by the end of January 2009.
ajf88

Post by ajf88 »

Sounds cool. Despite being an old revision, with the exception of setting wanted/unwanted files it works perfectly and looks like a very promising project.
spry

Post by spry »

As soon as there will be working client for windows, we may merge my project into official transmission
jdarias

Post by jdarias »

Wow, i just couldn´t believe when i opened the daemon webui in windows. Great Job! thank you very much.

Is it possible to set the daemon as a system service, by doing the instsrv.exe / srvany.exe trick?

again thanks very much!! :)
nine7oh

Re: Transmission for Windows early alpha release

Post by nine7oh »

jah wrote:windows eeew
Jethryn Freyman

Post by Jethryn Freyman »

Very nice work chaps.
Rurik

Post by Rurik »

Hi!

I would like to ask, if it's possible to save the settings of transmission, because every time i restart it, i have to reset everything.
Thanks for your help

Rurik
Vikt

Post by Vikt »

Hello,

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate updated to SP1 and net framework 3.5 SP1 is installed.
When i try to run any of the programs of the original transmission an error pops up.

The Transmission WinDaemon is working ok or so it seems.
spry

Post by spry »

Thanks. Unfortunately for a long time I've gave up keeping in up-to-date state of transmission builds for windows platform. Next week I'll try to fix that