Transmission for Windows

Ask for help and report issues with the Windows version of Transmission
Mati

Re: Transmission for Windows

Post by Mati »

client turn off every time I try make new torrent file on Windows 7 64 bit.
rb07

Post by rb07 »

Mati

Is your report about winport-transmission? (look at the first post, this thread is about a transmission-daemon port to Windows, and a very old one... the daemon doesn't really need to be ported, you can use it with Cygwin as is, and its been like that for a few years).

My guess is that you are reporting about something else, please create a new thread and specify exactly what are you using, including version and, if possible, how to reproduce the problem in detail (no need to include private or restricted information) and what error (panel, or event) appears. If it is Transmission-Qt for Windows I'll be happy to answer, since I'm the guilty party that releases those 3rd party versions of the original work made by the developers of Transmission.
rbomb

Post by rbomb »

Like i said long time ago please unpin this .net framework based client thread, QT is best future for every program.
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

So, what's the best Transmission port for Windows these days?
blacke4dawn

Post by blacke4dawn »

Only one I know that actually functions is: http://sourceforge.net/projects/trqtw/
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

blacke4dawn wrote:Only one I know that actually functions is: http://sourceforge.net/projects/trqtw/
Thanks, it seems to work. Bit of a ram hog though. It's a shame Windows didn't get an official port so I can stop seeing so many uTorrent clients as my connected peers.
blacke4dawn

Post by blacke4dawn »

I don't know about you but for me it hovers around 70 megs of memory (both client and dbus-daemon together), I wouldn't say that is a "memory hog".
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

blacke4dawn wrote:I don't know about you but for me it hovers around 70 megs of memory (both client and dbus-daemon together), I wouldn't say that is a "memory hog".
I mean compared to a native Windows BT client it is. Even moreso than qBittorrent for Windows, which is written in Qt.
rbomb

Post by rbomb »

This qt win client i use every day in portable mode, Transmission replaced my uTorrent when uTP support arrived. Long live Transmission and thanks devs for developing it, keep it always lightweight and add only minimal needed features and critical core protocols in future. Now uTorrent is becomed fat horrible bloat with app stores etc...
steveotron

Post by steveotron »

The Windows port desperately needs a group feature like the OSX client.
blacke4dawn

Post by blacke4dawn »

steveotron wrote:The Windows port desperately needs a group feature like the OSX client.
The Windows port is done by a normal user not one of the official Transmission devs, and the only thing he does is take the Linux client and makes run on Windows. So if you want it for the Windows port you would need to request it for the Linux client.
Calidude

Post by Calidude »

I'm thankful to whoever maintains Transmission Qt for Windows. Hopefully the Transmission devs will finally see the light and give Windows a truly official client.
Navis Orbi

Post by Navis Orbi »

Hi everyone

I am writing from Argentina.

After some years using "uTorrent" in Windows XP platform, last week I changed "Transmission-Qt 2.76".

I agree with the change, but when creating a new torrent I meet a problem I want to consult:

1) The New Torrent is created without problems when I enter the URL of the tracker only

primary.

2) However, if I create a new torrent adding another URL with a secondary or tracker

backup, the program announces an error and I can not go on.

Am I doing something wrong or someone else have that problem?

Thank you for your help!
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Post by Jordan »

What's the error message that Transmission's giving you?
Navis Orbi

Post by Navis Orbi »

Jordan wrote:What's the error message that Transmission's giving you?
Thanks for replying

My native language is Spanish, for that reason, to my poor English, I will add some screenshots

window for you to understand better.

For Trackers performance, I choose some of these two web-sites:

http://bitsnoop.com/trackers/

http://www.trackon.org/

For example, I choose the first web page and choose the most classic. Can these three:

udp :/ / tracker.example.com: 80

udp :/ / tracker.tracker.example.com: 80

http://tracker.istole.it/announce

To save the new route torrent left the program and choose to save the directory

full to share with other users (in this case a folder with music files. mp3) the

Downloads folder that also generates the same program.

Let the images with each of the three trackers:

With one only, any of the three works OK

With two of the three, in any combination, one below the other. The first time marks the

typical Windows window aborting the program:

When I open Transmission-Qt 2.72 for the second time and try again the previous example, is the

program opens a window now that error:

When I put a space between primary tracker line and write the URL below tracker

secondary program error window is displayed:

I've tried other lesser known trackers, who are not on port 80, and the same

errors are repeated identically.

Hopefully, Jordan, have been clear.

Any questions you have, just say so.

Thanks for the help.