WD PR4100 / lost remote access to Transmission

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
trumpetplayer

WD PR4100 / lost remote access to Transmission

Post by trumpetplayer »

Hello -

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong spot.

I use Transmission through a WD PR4100 NAS unit. I upgraded my version from 1.04 to 1.07 and lost the ability to access the access the program from outside my home network.

I appreciate this is likely due to increased security, but is there a way to enable remote access via password authentication? Please note I am not comfortable using SSH or similar to re-write or edit the code, but I suppose I could do it if the instructions were clear.

Alternatively, could someone point me to an older installation file (.bin) for 1.04 that I could download?

Thanks in advance.
uri75

Re: WD PR4100 / lost remote access to Transmission

Post by uri75 »

Same issue. Also I can see the interface in browser, but can't add new links (LAN).

EDIT: I solved the LAN issue by using IP numbers. I use custom domain name for My Cloud EX2.
TheGooch90

Post by TheGooch90 »

Could you post instructions on how you did it? Suffering the same problem as you guys.
valerio87gta

Post by valerio87gta »

trumpetplayer wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:39 pm Hello -

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong spot.

I use Transmission through a WD PR4100 NAS unit. I upgraded my version from 1.04 to 1.07 and lost the ability to access the access the program from outside my home network.

I appreciate this is likely due to increased security, but is there a way to enable remote access via password authentication? Please note I am not comfortable using SSH or similar to re-write or edit the code, but I suppose I could do it if the instructions were clear.

Alternatively, could someone point me to an older installation file (.bin) for 1.04 that I could download?

Thanks in advance.
sorry, did you solve it?