I must be missing something, my own torrent cant be downloaded

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
itsamemario

I must be missing something, my own torrent cant be downloaded

Post by itsamemario »

Greetings.
I use transmission with torrents all the time with no issues. However, I recently decided to create a torrent to share with a friend.
I created the torrent file in transmission, added the trackers and added the torrent to Transmission.
The torrent shows 100% and seeding. The tracker tab shows 2 peers.

On the friend's machine, the torrent has been added to Transmission. The tracker tab shows 2 peers, 1 seeder and 1 leecher.

What am I missing? How come the torrent won't download? Is there something simple that I am overlooking?

I have tried remaking the torrent file with and without checking the private checkbox.

Here is the primary tracker: udp://tracker.example.com:80/announce

Let me also add that the listening port shows that it is closed, but this never affects any other torrents, just mine. I'm not sure if that is relevant.

Thank you!
coffeverton

Re: I must be missing something, my own torrent cant be downloaded

Post by coffeverton »

Hi, I am facing the same problem.

Did you manage to get it working?
verifylocaldata

Re: I must be missing something, my own torrent cant be downloaded

Post by verifylocaldata »

you actually need to use a real tracker not an example...
this usually means uploading a registering the torrent on a public site
or you can host your own tracker locally either using a client with an embedded tracker or using opentracker
also one of you will need to have port forwarding working in order for a connection to be established