Transmission says that drive is full

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
emunas1

Transmission says that drive is full

Post by emunas1 »

Hi all,
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I am using Transmission 2.94 on my MyCloudEX2Ultra.
The NAS is 8 TB. I have nearly 5 TB of space free on the drive. The drive has 2 hard drives set up as one volume in a Raid configuration.
Last night, Transmission stopped downloading onto my shared drive. When I attempt to download something, it says that the drive is full. It was working just fine until and then suddenly stopped.
I have tried resetting my NAS device without success. Windows file explorer IS able to copy items (even large items) onto the mapped drive successfully, so it appears to be specific to transmission.
I am hesitant to uninstall and reinstall the app on my NAS, because I will lose several thousand seeding torrents.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am attaching screenshots which also show the issue. Thanks!

I attempted to post an attachment but it appears to be disabled.

The exact error is:
Error: No space left on device (/mnt/hd/HD_a2/Public/ ......and the rest of the path and torrent file name.

EDIT: I have linux installed on my system as well, so if anybody knows linux well enough to use it to troubleshoot, just let me know how to do it).
killemov

Re: Transmission says that drive is full

Post by killemov »

Do not uninstall/reinstall transmission, as it will solve nothing. My best guess is that the permissions/owner/group need changing.
emunas1

Post by emunas1 »

killemov wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:41 pm Do not uninstall/reinstall transmission, as it will solve nothing. My best guess is that the permissions/owner/group need changing.
It seems that as I added torrent after torrent and got past 2000 torrents, the "root" directory, which is not allocated a ton of space, began to fill up on the NAS and it stopped working because it was full.

In order to solve this, I would have to be able to move the installation of transmission or at least the configuration files and places where it saves the torrent files and fastresume files to the share itself, not the root. This is not officially supported by MyCloud, however. I do have access to SSH, but I am new to linux and don't know enough about linux or transmission to do this successfully.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
emunas1

Post by emunas1 »

OK, so I'm making progress. I need to change the location where transmission looks for the configuration files. I was able to locate the transmission installation files using SSH. It seems like the following command will change the directory where transmission looks for the configuration files to the public share:

transmission-daemon -g --config-dir /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public/Transmission

However, when I try this command it tells me that:

transmission-daemon: /lib/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by transmission-daemon)

I am nervous to try to install anything on here directly on the mycloud device; another form said that i should not use apt-get command as this could affect the entire system.

Any ideas?
killemov

Post by killemov »

Weird, this topic just went from a "drive is full" problem to a "transmission not starting" problem. Do you have more than one transmission-daemon executable on your device?