Changed network - 403: Forbidden

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
rsistema

Changed network - 403: Forbidden

Post by rsistema »

Hi everyone,

I'm using Transmission on Lubuntu (Lattepanda) a long time ago without any problems with many torrents, upload, download...

I moved from home and I have a new ISP/Network and the only thing that changed it's the local ip address in my old house was 192.168.15.* and now is 10.10.10.* so the first time that I opened the transmission url (10.10.10.104:9091) I got an unauthorized Ip Address. I choosed to change the settings.json, because I found it's more easy to me than change the DHCP configuration. So I went there "sudo nano /etc/transmission-daemon/settings.json" and changed the only line that I needed the rpc-whitelist removed the last ip and added the new and tried to restart daemon using systemctl, but anyway I'm getting the 403: Forbidden and I really do know why. The last time it was the only thing that I changed and now I can't access anymore... I restarted the machine but nothing works...

It was supposed to be something so simple where would I go wrong?
killemov

Re: Changed network - 403: Forbidden

Post by killemov »

A common mistake is that changes to settings.json are made while Transmission is running.
rsistema

Re: Changed network - 403: Forbidden

Post by rsistema »

killemov wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:59 am A common mistake is that changes to settings.json are made while Transmission is running.
if it was just that after restart the transmission-daemon everything will works, but it didn't happen. I changed the json with the transmission-daemon stopped, restarted the machine and the 403:Forbidden is still there...