Older Thecus NAS download link doesn't work

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
danixdj

Older Thecus NAS download link doesn't work

Post by danixdj »

Hi, the link in download page for the older versions of Transmission for Tehcus Nas doesn't work.

This is the link but de page don't exist:
http://forum.thecus.com/showthread.php?tid=9863

Could u help me to find a module compatible with N4100PRO?

Thank u

Dani
killemov

Re: Older Thecus NAS download link doesn't work

Post by killemov »

That NAS uses an AMD Geode processor which is x86 compatible. Maybe running "uname -a" on that device and posting the result could help us narrow down the options.
danixdj

Post by danixdj »

i can't do anything because thecus has deleted all modules and i don't even have ssh access, so i can't execute terminal commands.
I asked to thecus for help but they said it is no longer supported.

The NAS works fine and the old transmission module was amazing.

can anyone help me find it?

They made all the modules disappear from the internet to force us to change nas. it's clear! :x
killemov

Post by killemov »

Did Thecus release a 'final firmware' for your model that fortified your NAS? (And with fortified I mean remove all non-essential services?)

I would say fuck 'em and run Debian (or another distro) on it instead. This may be risky and not for you. But just at that moment when you decide to buy a new NAS try it anyway. You could squeeze a couple of more years of use out of it. If I recall correctly you do need an older release of any distro as most of them decided to drop the Geode LX support.

Good luck! (And good riddance?)
PhantomShader

Post by PhantomShader »

I am in a similar situation with my N5550, in my backup I found the .app file for transmission. It's not the .mod so I'm not sure if it can be used or not yet ( Raid build not completed yet... ), but if you think my .app would be useable for you I can send it. ( I'm on Thecus OS5 )
frankely4

Post by frankely4 »

I just happened to stumble across this. I used to have a 4100Pro (which I gave to my son as a hand-me-down), and now I have a 5550 which I am in the process of phasing out of front line service. (It will be relegated to backing up it's replacement.) But I have a pretty good cache of modules, etc. I have firmware 5.03.02, and several FaJo modules including SSH, PHP, DNS and DHCP. The whole zip file comes to about 390Mb. (I can't guarantee there isn't a bit of duplication in there.) You're welcome to the whole mess or any part of it, but I don't have a good way to post it at the moment. If you have an upload link, feel free to PM me.