Transmission 1.93 - Massive Slowdown Near End of DL

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
gunzip

Transmission 1.93 - Massive Slowdown Near End of DL

Post by gunzip »

Transmission 1.93

Something is wrong with recent versions that I didn't notice in previous releases. Even on well seeded torrents with seed/peer ratios over 10, near end Transmission always seems to choke and sputter at the 99.xx% mark. My DLs go from a consistent 330 KB/s down to 1 or 2 KB/s, and it may take several minutes to finish that last tiny piece. In some cases I have to switch to another client to reach 100%.

By comparison, with Bittornado or rtorrent on the same well-seeded torrent there is no slowdown at all at the end. I notice there was similar bug reported in the MAC section http://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewtop ... f=4&t=9781 so something must be up. This can't be explained away as normal behavior when other clients don't falter at the end.

Thanks
Jordan
Transmission Developer

Re: Transmission 1.93 - Massive Slowdown Near End of DL

Post by Jordan »

This appears to be a duplicate of this thread. To reduce forum clutter, I'm locking this thread and request that people post their replies to the other thread instead. Thank you!