[SOLVED] Question about DHT

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
Tchangalo

[SOLVED] Question about DHT

Post by Tchangalo »

Hi,
Almost every torrents use this tracker: tracker.open bittorrent.com:80 and it has been down this days. Its not a problem because, if i'm not wrong, transmission downloads using DHT. The thing is that i want to see how many seeds and peers are available in the DHT network. I don't like comparing transmission with uTorrent, but its only because i want you to understand me:

http://bayimg.com/image/faegeaaco.jpg

It displays the seeds and the peers in the tracker, but also the ones in the DHT network.

Thank you so much and sorry for my bad english.
Last edited by Tchangalo on Fri May 28, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jch

Re: Question about DHT

Post by jch »

You currently cannot, except by setting your logging level to "debug" and looking at Transmission's log. There's a patch for that attached to #2147, but it's been around for a year now.
how many seeds and peers are available in the DHT network
Just to be pedantic -- it is not possible to know how many peers for a given swarm there are in the DHT. What µTorrent displays is how many peers it has learnt from the DHT, which is not quite the same thing, especially for large swarms (for example, no matter how large the swarm, Transmission will never query the DHT for more than 400 peers per half hour).

--jch
Tchangalo

Re: Question about DHT

Post by Tchangalo »

Anyway, its not so important, it stills downloading normally. I hope that the tracker is being fixed so you can see the seeds and the peers.
Thank you so much for answering!