Custom blocklist generates 2x # of rules

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
vbm

Custom blocklist generates 2x # of rules

Post by vbm »

Hi there,

I'm using Transmission 2.33 (12565) on Ubuntu 11.10.

I am trying to use Peer Guardian Linux to compile a blocklist aggregating a number of different lists and get Transmission to use it.

I have managed to get Tranmission to import the list by creating a symbolic link to /var/lib/pgl/master_blocklist.p2p in ~/.config/transmission/blocklists.

It all works well the first time I do it but once I use it for a second time, the number of rules has doubled. I noticed Transmission creates a master_blocklist.bin file in ~/.config/transmission/blocklists, so it looks like it is counting the rules on both .bin and .p2p files, even if they are the same.

Does anyone know if:

1) Is this just a bug in the count message or does Transmission really try to match an IP against twice as many rules?
2) Once master_blocklist.p2p changes, does master_blocklist.bin get appended or overwritten?
3) If I have more than one plain text blocklist in ~/.config/transmission/blocklists and some IPs are present in more than one list, does Transmission consolidate them?

thanks,

v
x190

Re: Custom blocklist generates 2x # of rules

Post by x190 »

1) Is this just a bug in the count message or does Transmission really try to match an IP against twice as many rules?
I'd go with 'A' on that one. It does this when you use text files in the blocklist folder. Care to open a trac ticket? :wink:
2) Once master_blocklist.p2p changes, does master_blocklist.bin get appended or overwritten?
B
does Transmission consolidate them?
Yes.
vbm

Post by vbm »

x190 wrote: I'd go with 'A' on that one. It does this when you use text files in the blocklist folder. Care to open a trac ticket? :wink:
Happy to. Stupid question: how do I do it? :)

I tried to find it but couldn't. I checked the "READ ME FIRST: How to Report a Bug" post, read the forum rules, didn't test the nightly build because I'd rather stick with the stable version on the Oneiric repository tried to put a tick on #s 3 and 4 on my original post and #5 onward don't apply. ;)
vbm

Post by vbm »

done.