Much higher CPU utilization in 2.42+ vs. 2.42?

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
ssss25

Re: Much higher CPU utilization in 2.42+ vs. 2.42?

Post by ssss25 »

As for the number of processes, I did a kill -9 of 3 of the four, and the last one stayed, and I could connect via web... so, not sure why it starts with four..

I use transmission.sh in my ffp/start and it looks like it's starting it normally... have no idea why it would load 4 times or load load four threads!

Any ideas?

Here is a capture of what I See after I start it:

Code: Select all

/mnt/HD_a2/ffp/start # ./transmission.sh start
Starting transmission-daemon
Attachments
delme.png
delme.png (80.81 KiB) Viewed 4368 times
gunzip

Post by gunzip »

ssss25 wrote:Ok, so whatever is posted at:

http://forum.dsmg600.info/t2719-%5BREL% ... ssion.html

is build 13028

Where do I get the famous r13113?
the official nightly builds are at https://build.transmissionbt.com/job/trunk-linux/ , but you have to compile from those source tarballs if you're running Linux.

the link you posted are the pre-compiled binary packages for DNS-323/321, which KyleK has done for your convenience. so unfortunately you have to either compile yourself, or have someone else prepare a package for any of the nightly builds.
rhester72

Post by rhester72 »

ssss25 wrote:As for the number of processes, I did a kill -9 of 3 of the four, and the last one stayed, and I could connect via web... so, not sure why it starts with four..

I use transmission.sh in my ffp/start and it looks like it's starting it normally... have no idea why it would load 4 times or load load four threads!

Any ideas?
The app uses pthreads, which creates threads as if they were processes - the dead giveaway is the identical memory utilization (VSZ). They aren't really using more memory, since they all share a single copy. Don't kill them. =)

Rodney