Cannot open Transmission's port on DNS-320

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
iparout

Cannot open Transmission's port on DNS-320

Post by iparout »

Hi.

I bought the DNS-320 NAS a few days ago and installed transmission and transmission remote gui on it through these guides :

http://dns323.kood.org/dns-320#setting_up_ffp

http://dns323.kood.org/dns-320#installa ... ith_addons

However, I cannot, by any means, forward transmission's port to my router (ZTE ZXV10 H108L). I have enabled UPNP and have also manually forwarded port 51413 to my router. The port seems open from the router's interface, however Transmission still reports the port as closed.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong (I'm a total noob when it comes to networks) but cannot understand why.

FYI, I forwarded ports 51413 and 9091 (TCP and UDP) to 192.168.1.1 (transmission's web interface is at 192.168.1.1:9091)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks !

P.S. : There are stuff like DDNS, DMZ Host, DNS Service, QOS, SNTP, IGMP on my routers menu which are disabled. Don't know what they do or if I need to enable them to forward the port to the router.
iparout

Re: Cannot open Transmission's port on DNS-320

Post by iparout »

bump

Noone ?
gunzip

Post by gunzip »

iparout wrote:I bought the DNS-320 NAS a few days ago and installed transmission and transmission remote gui on it through these guides :
that seems odd, shouldn't transmission-remote-gui be installed on the the remote device, not on the NAS itself?
iparout wrote:FYI, I forwarded ports 51413 and 9091 (TCP and UDP) to 192.168.1.1 (transmission's web interface is at 192.168.1.1:9091)[
what is IP address of the NAS?

usually you would set-up a static IP on the NAS (in tools, options, etc), then go to your router and forward the ports to that IP.
iparout

Post by iparout »

My bad.. Yes, transmission gui is installed on the remote device (my laptop, to be exact).

I haven't set up a static Ip for my NAS but, since I do not alter my home network at all, the NAS always has 192.168.1.1 as an IP address. I forwarded the required port on my router as described but the port still seems closed on Transmission's menu.