error no data found

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
davemchine

error no data found

Post by davemchine »

Not every time, but sometimes, a torrent will download and the folder containing all of the rar files fill disappear. In it's place will be the complete file. Then Transmission says "error no data found! ensure your drives are connected or use move data file to to re-download, remove the torrent and re-add it."

I have absolutely no idea what could be piecing the files together, deleting the directory, and just leaving the file. My seed ratio was .12 so it did seed for a short while before this event occurred.

Just tonight it happened twice. I re-downloaded the torrent and the second time the folder stayed put.

I'm really mystified on this one. Any thoughts at all?
davemchine

Re: error no data found

Post by davemchine »

I am not running a script on download complete. I am using the most recent version of Transmission and I am running on an iMac with the latest version of osx and all of the recent updates are installed. Thanks for your help.
davemchine

Post by davemchine »

If I did then why does it only happen part of the time?

Is there anyway to determine what app or script is causing the action?
davemchine

Post by davemchine »

I have stuffit but it's an old ppc version that won't run under lion. What other apps could possibly perform this action?

I checked macpardeluxe and I don't see any "watch folder" option. Same with unrarx.
MrGav

Post by MrGav »

Hi, I also keep intermittently getting this error message:

No data found! Ensure your drives are connected or use "Move Data File To…". To re-download, remove the torrent and re-add it.

I am using Transmission 2.51 on Mac OS X 10.7.3

I have set Transmission to keep incomplete downloads in a separate folder which essentially means I have a completed torrents folder and an incomplete torrents folder. Once the download is completed transmission moves the completed download from the incomplete folder to the complete folder. Transmission is also set to trash the original torrent file.

I use the Automatic program to automatically download the torrent files I have subscribed to.

When I use the inspector on Transmission it shows several RAR files. However in my completed download folder it shows the AVI file only.

As an example from a torrent is:

The Transmission inspector states

The download is in a paused state which I can't restart. Which obviously is affecting my ratio!
The progress is 99.72%
375.4 mb have been verified
378.1 mb have been downloaded
no mb have failed in the download

The however file appears to be OK

When I download the torrent again and try to add it again to Transmission (as it asks me to do), it does nothing. When I remove the torrent from Transmission and then re-add it, Transmission starts to download the torrent as if it were never downloaded, normally it would check the progress of the previous torrent download and then continue to download from where it left off last time. So Transmission is not aware that this torrent has been previously downloaded.

I have never used automator
my archive program is the Unarchiver from the Mac App Store - which I have just updated
davemchine

Post by davemchine »

The culprit is "Automatic". The author put this stupid feature into the app and didn't make a way to turn it off. You can use a command line to turn it off though. Here is the info.

http://automatic.tenderapp.com/discussi ... f-torrents