filename too long

Ask for help and report issues not specific to either the Mac OS X or GTK+ versions of Transmission
qwertyjjj

filename too long

Post by qwertyjjj »

In Ubuntu, I get a filename too long error on a file.
I renamed the torrent so it is not too long but the error seems to be for the actual folder name:
24 Season 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8 Deluxe DVD Boxset in HD + Extras (Extra Episode, Deleted Scenes etc)

Is this a bug?
udo

Re: filename too long

Post by udo »

I'd guess so. Please look in trac if it is not already there, then file a new bug.
blacke4dawn

Post by blacke4dawn »

x190 wrote:I think this is a OS limitation, not a Transmission bug.
Actually in reality it's a filesystem limitation since from all data that I have seen any OS limitations allows for far longer filenames than any filesystem I know of, but you are right on the point that this is not a Transmission issue.
blacksh33p

Post by blacksh33p »

Found this after getting the same error today. Not saying this is a fix for the original issue or anything, but I just right clicked on the download in the Transmission window and then clicked "Start" again. It then continued downloading. I had to do this a couple more times, but it worked fine.
Ronald87

Post by Ronald87 »

You may use Long Path Tool to copy or delete your file. It really works well in this situation. For more info you may read at PathTooDeep.
fostersanders

Post by fostersanders »

Hello :D :D :D :D
Well, I had the same problem.
But then I searched on the internet for a solution and I ran into

L
o
n
g

P
a